Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Gifting Series by K.E Ganshert



Image result for the awakening ganshert book


Hey lovelies!

Today I am so glad to be reviewing The Gifting Series by K. E Ganshert. You guys, I haven't enjoyed a series like I enjoyed this one in a LONG time!

Where do I even start with these masterpieces? How about taking a look at the synopsis of the first book. 


Back cover summary BOOK 1: 


If science is right, then I am crazy.
And crazy is dangerous.


In a world where nothing supernatural exists, Tess Eckhart is positive she’s going crazy. What other explanation is there for the things she sees? After her complete freakout at a high school party, her parents worry she might be right. So much that they pack their bags and move across the country, next to a nationally-renowned facility for the mentally ill.
Despite the whispers and stares, Tess is determined to fit in at her new school. But when it comes to Luka Williams, a reluctantly popular boy in her class, she’s unused to a stare that intense. Then the headaches start, and the seemingly prophetic dreams that haunt her at night. As Tess tries harder to hide them, she becomes increasingly convinced that Luka knows something—that he might somehow be responsible.
But what if she’s wrong? What if Luka Williams is the only thing separating her from a madness too terrifying to fathom?


My review
I'll be honest and come straight out with it. You'll lose sleep over this one. And you won't rest until you've read through all 3 books. (I read the three books in 5 days and I work full time. Yeah, you get the picture).
This is a dystopian young adult novel set in futuristic America. But it's a future that isn't drastically different form our present. It's a future in which anything religious or supernatural has been thrown out the window and everyone swears by science. But Tess isn't so sure science is right because...well, she sees things no one sees and has dreams that come true. And then insert Luke. The dreamy, good-at-everything, brooding absolutely popular guy in her school. What makes this series wonderful is not just the story line but the absolutely magnificent writing. Katie Ganshert did it again (and again and again!). Because each book was beautifully written. You're not just watching but you are feeling and experiencing what the characters are going through. With no hint of predictability, the story pulls you into this world of good vs. evil and does a wonderful job of explaining the different concepts that don't exist in our own world. 

Each book is as good as the last and exceeds expectations (like how does she do it???). I loved the way everything comes together in each book and no stone is left unturned. I loved the evolution and growth we see in Tess. I love that the author does such an amazing job illustrating what the workings of demonic activity could look like. But most of all, I love how each character comes alive and just jumps out from the pages. Every character was very well developed with their own distinct quirks. Can we for a second talk about Links? I fell in love with him, his geekiness, sweetness and his nicknames for everyone. But I won't say too much or I'll just spoil it. 


Overall, the series ends with a very satisfying ending and leaves you smiling, laughing, crying, smiling some more and then flipping back so that you can enjoy it all over again. 


Packed with action - lots of action - romance, suspense, tension and surprises in every corner, this is a series I believe everyone will love. Think X-men with a mix of Twilight (without the annoying love triangle) and a little bit of Hunger Games but way better than all those put together! I'm looking forward to one day seeing this series on screen! I especially loved that this series didn't only serve as entertainment but went much deeper and I was able to take away some great lessons. 

Well done K.E Ganshert on delivering this masterpiece of a series!



My favorite (no-spoiler) quotes: 

Affichage de IMG_2433.JPG en cours...
Affichage de IMG_2434.JPG en cours...Affichage de IMG_2435.JPG en cours...


No comments:

Post a Comment