Friday, November 20, 2015

Falling Like Snowflakes - Book Review - Lovely Read



Back cover summary

When the Christmas season finds Eden in Summer Harbor, Maine, she's on the run from trouble. Romance is the last thing on her mind.
Riding in a bus in the thickly falling snow, Eden Davis wonders how it ever came to this-fleeing under cover of night with young Micah sleeping fitfully in the seat beside her. When a winter storm strands them in Summer Harbor, Maine, Eden wonders if what might have been the end could be a new beginning.
Beau Callahan is a habitual problem-solver. He's recently left his job with the sheriff's department to take over the family Christmas tree farm to save it from insolvency. But he's flummoxed. During the busiest season of the year, he's shorthanded. Then Eden shows up looking for work, and Beau believes he's been rescued. Competent, smart, and beautiful, Eden's also guarded and quiet. He soon figures out she comes with a boatload of secrets. But Beau can't seem to help himself from falling for her.
As Christmas Eve approaches, Beau discovers he'll do anything to keep Eden safe. But who's going to protect his heart from a woman who can't seem to trust again?

My Review

After reading the last book of the Chapel Springs series, in which we were briefly introduced to the characters of the then upcoming series Summer Harbor, I couldn't wait to fully meet them. So I'm glad to be reviewing book one in the series.

Don't let the cover fool you, "Falling Like Snowflakes" is more than a sweet holiday season romance. A lot of the time, I was afraid for the characters yet the book is well balanced in that there are many moments where you'll smile and laugh with them. I liked both the characters of Beau and Eden. But I have to admit they weren't my favorites. Eden's backstory was different and it was easy to feel for her. I like that Beau wasn't made out to be the perfect hero. He got angry or frustrated at times. He was maybe even overprotective of his brothers but all of that made his character that much more real and easy to relate with. The dialogue was great and I believe Denise Hunter did a great job bringing the characters in this novel to life. 

I fell in love with the other two Callahan brothers, Zac and Riley and I can't wait to read more about them. I enjoyed every scene they were in. The great brotherly interaction adds a little something extra and unique to this book that I really loved and enjoyed. Even the brothers' arguments and strongheadedness was enjoyable simply for the fact that there was such a 'real life' element to it. 

In short, I absolutely enjoyed it. Yes, it's a happy ending but at the same time it wasn't all fairy tales. Things could have turned out better for Paige but I believe the real-life element is what makes this book that much more unique.

It's a story about facing our fears and one that teaches about the real meaning of freedom. One only Christ can give. 

I would recommend this book to everyone who likes all things sweet though real. And those who love some festive mistletoe hanging on the kitchen ceiling.

5/5 Stars 

I received a free copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers® (Thomas Nelson) in exchange for an honest review. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing this honest review. I may check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I enjoyed it! :)

      Delete