Thursday, September 10, 2015

Signed, Sealed, Delivered: Truth Be Told (airing this Sunday) - Review





Ever since I watched the first 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered' movie and then watched the episodes that followed, I've been meaning to review the 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered' movies and episodes. 

I got the opportunity to watch the latest movie in the franchise before it's airing date so, today I'm reviewing "Truth Be Told" which will premiere this Sunday 13th of September. 

The movie is featured as a Hallmark Movies and Mysteries original and was created, executive produced and written by "Touched By An Angel" Executive Producer Martha Willamson (who has created all the "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" movies). 

Here's a little bit about the "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" franchise: 

"Signed, Sealed, Delivered" is a comedic drama that follows the lives of four postal workers in the Dead Letter Office who manage to transform themselves into an untraditional team of detectives who track down intended recipients of undeliverable mail. Their missions take them out of the office into an unpredictable world where redirected letters and packages can save lives, solve crimes, reunite old loves and change futures by arriving late but somehow on time.  

Movie one grabbed at my heart, same as every other movie after that made to expand on the one-hour Hallmark Channel series. Every episode of the series drew me to tears (really, no joke) and the movies have managed to do just the same. The movies feature family friendly topics delivered in a warm yet heart-wrenching way, which give you an insight into real life issues - sometimes tragic - but managing to deliver hope and reinforce faith. The main characters are out-of-the-norm and one might find them little weird at first yet absolutely fall in love with them almost immediately. We get a glimpse into their own personal lives in every movie and you cannot help but love them some more. I love the old fashioned Oliver O'Toole and his Shakespeare quotes that have made me want to step up my Shakespeare game and the quirkiness of his fellow postal workers. With faith-based principles and a reassuring message of love, forgiveness and hope, this franchise is to me, an absolute winner. 

I have sincerely enjoyed every episode and movie. I would recommend them to just about anyone. And "Truth Be Told" did not disappoint at all. It picks up where "Signed, Sealed, Delivered: With Love From Paris" left off, taking place the immediate Monday morning after. 



In "Signed, Sealed, Delivered: Truth Be Told", the beloved postables are on a mission to uncover the truth from a war torn letter about a soldier missing in action, while Oliver gets an unexpected visit from his estranged father that shakes him to his core. 

I laughed, smiled wistfully and cried. I loved seeing the transformation that took place in each of the characters during this movie and enjoyed seeing a different side to the character of Oliver O'Toole. It was overall, a lovely watch and I can't wait for the other movies in the franchise. 


The next movie in the franchise, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered: The Impossible Dream" will air on Sunday October 4. 


3 comments:

  1. Aw, if these photos are any indication, this one looks darling (as usual) and it sounds really good too! Thanks so much for sharing. I was tempted to watch this one, but am doubtful I'll get to it. Ah, well. Hopefully a DVD release will follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to "meet" another true fan of the "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" series! I just happened to find your blog when I was doing a Google Image Search for SSD, for my movie blog! The name of your site drew me in - as I know in my heart, what that greater purpose is, too!

    Your review was spot on and I have thoroughly enjoyed every episode or movie in the ongoing Signed, Sealed, Delivered series, as well! It is indeed, as you said, "a lovely watch!" I, too, would recommend it for all!

    I also laughed and cried... but nevertheless, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" leaves us all with such warm, happy feelings inside... :)

    Blessings to you!!! Net

    http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great!!! Your blog is a reminder I have so much book and movie catching up to do #ThereIsHope :D
    Thanks for your awesome reviews doll!!
    So well done ;)

    The OFFICIAL Datfunkyfro

    ReplyDelete