Sunday, July 26, 2015

Jurassic World REVIEW 4DX + 3D - No Spoilers



I got to see Jurassic World shortly after it came out. To be honest, I thought it was maybe a remake of the Jurassic Park series that came out when I was way younger. So I didn't do much research about the movie before going. So what did I think? Can I just say...PRETTY COOL. 

Ok, this review is based off of the fact that I saw the movie in 4DX and 3D. The 4DX alone made it pretty awesome. Add some 3D and you're in for a ride. If I had seen the movie just in 2D or even 3D, I think my opinion of it would be pretty different. The movie would seem a lot more...plain. 

So let me explain. The strength of Jurassic World is not in the acting or the character development. Don't get me wrong, the acting wasn't bad. It wasn't even disappointing. But it wasn't outstanding. There was very little to no character development. In fact, the deepest conversation was between the brothers which is nice, but it didn't last more than a couple of seconds. I was pretty happy to see Omar Sy (from The Intouchables) in the movie though. And all the special effects and CGI? Absolutely on point!


If you expect a lot of running, crazy and angry dinosaurs, self-centred crazy humans, a whole lot of chaos and screaming and being scared for everyone's life then that you'll get, with a pretty good wrap up ending. I really was sitting at the edge of my seat, heart pounding, all through the movie. Occasionally screaming at certain points and laughing at others. So overall, the movie is intriguing. But if you're looking for anything "deep" and moving to take home with you, you'll get none (unlike Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, for example). This is purely entertainment.  

Also, it was pretty nice that references to the previous Jurassic Park movies were made, making this movie out to be a continuation that picks off from where those stories ended. 


What I didn't like so much? I wasn't exactly sure what to think of the main female character nor the fact that she was running for her life in high heels all through the movie. The completely misplaced kiss in the middle of the movie did nothing to endear her character to me, neither did it leave me rooting for the potential couple.  

I really enjoyed this movie in 4DX. And so did everyone I went to see it with. Water effects, wind, moving chairs...etc. There's a big difference when you see someone about to get eaten by a dinosaur and when you have all the effects that makes you feel like you're in the movie and thus in as much danger as the next person of being eaten. Maybe I'd still like it without the 4DX, but I doubt I'd like it as much. 

I would definitely like to see part 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment