Friday, February 27, 2015

I Live Free Interview - Meet Wilson!





I'm so glad and excited to have a dear friend and brother on the blog today! 
So great to have you share on Tell the World, Wils! 

  
Why don't you start by telling us a little bit about yourself 

My name is Wilson, a follower of Jesus Christ. I am 20 and a student studying engineering in material science. I live in a family of 7 with 2 brothers, 1 sister and 1 older cousin. I am the eldest among my siblings. I love football.



What does living free mean to you?

It means having the choice to do what is good or bad.

 

How do you live free…

 Of fear?

By knowing it is not what God meant for me and replacing it by God’s love, power and peace.

Of the opinions of others?

By my identity in Christ which sets me free from oppression. And by reading and knowing God’s Word and promises.



Tell us about your time with YWAM

It was an amazing experience. We went through a time of discipleship during 3 months which enabled us to improve and expand our relationship with God. Discovering and experiencing something new every day. Living in a group of young Christians who have the same zeal and enthusiasm as you do makes it very encouraging and helpful to know more about God.
The 3 months after we got to put to practice what we learned. We travelled to foreign countries as missionaries to share the wonderful gospel and love of Jesus Christ. We were not only blessing people but we were also blessed ourselves by the different cultures and people around us.



What other projects are you embarking on?

My next step in life is to study engineering in EPFL situated in Lausanne. I also had at heart to invest in an outreach team and share the gospel in the city of Geneva.




What type of opposition did you/are you facing from others or even yourself?

Discouragement was on opposition and continues to be often when I don’t rely on God. When I think I am in control of the situation I quickly find out that I am alone and can’t go forward.




How has living free transformed you and the way you view the world/yourself?

Living free has helped me have confidence in myself and not being ashamed despite what the world might think. I understood that Freedom does not exist without limits. If I didn't have boundaries in my life I would be totally lost and confused. But by setting boundaries according to the Word of God I am able to know what is right or wrong.




What has God been teaching you about living free?

By living free I decided to submit myself to Jesus my saviour. It seems contradictory to live free and submit at the same time. But God has thought me that I was born a sinner and so I was a slave to sin and the world. Nevertheless I was bought at a huge price 2000 years ago by a man named Jesus. And it is only through Him that I could receive total freedom because He is the way, the truth and the life.
A verse that has always encouraged me is Joshua 1:9. “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your god is with you wherever you go.” 
So every time I might doubt myself in church, at school, at football or any other situation, I remember what God has commanded me. To be strong and courageous.



What advice would you give others?

There’s only one way to Freedom: JESUS



Anything else you want to tell the world?

God is pretty cool. Just try Him (AND it’s for free).



Thank you so much for that Wilson! Loved reading your testimony. 

If you would like to know more about The Live Free Movement, or you missed the launch last week, please CLICK HERE.



Send in your own testimonies to thegreaterpurpose@gmail.com!

4 comments:

  1. You've got such a nice blog dear!
    Thanks for following me,i'm now following you too..
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right ! God is pretty cool :) Love him !

    Nice post btw :)
    X

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sure is! Thanks for stopping by Heykma!

    ReplyDelete