Wednesday, August 6, 2014

You Make Me Brave

Hi lovelies! 




Just sharing with you today an email I sent out a couple of weeks ago. A couple of people wrote me back saying how this was such a blessing to them (and today it is still a blessing to me!). So here is a portion of the mail. 

*

God's constantly been reminding me that HE makes me brave. 

Here, let me explain with a couple verses:

Joshua 1:9 NCV
Remember that I commanded you to be strong and brave. Don't be afraid, because the Lord your God will be with you everywhere you go." (Emphasis added). 

Jeremiah 1:6-8 NCV
Then I said, "But Lord God, I don't know how to speak. I am only a boy." [7] But the Lord said to me, "Don't say, 'I am only a boy.' You must go everywhere I send you, and you must say everything I tell you to say. Don't be afraid of anyone, because I am with you to protect you," says the Lord. (Emphasis added). 

Judges 6:14-16 NCV
The Lord turned to Gideon and said, "Go with your strength and save Israel from the Midianites. I am the one who is sending you." But Gideon answered, "Lord, how can I save Israel? My family group is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least important member of my family." [16] The Lord answered him, "I will be with you. It will seem as if the Midianites you are fighting are only one man." (Emphasis added). 

Proverbs 28:1 NCV
Evil people run even though no one is chasing them, but good people are as brave as a lion. (Emphasis added). 

Philippians 4:13 KJV
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me(Emphasis added). 


These verses show me that bravery doesn't come from confidence in myself. No. Bravery and courage don't come from me believing in myself and my abilities. It doesn't come from knowing who I am and how great and special I am. Sure, all that can make a person brave. No doubt about it. But those are things or feelings that can disappear just as quickly as they came. No. True unwavering bravery comes rather, from knowing WHOSE I am. He has promised to be with me to the end of the age (Matt 28:20). Just like He told Joshua, Jeremiah, Gideon...and so many others in scripture.

No matter how much we try to spiritualize things, fear is something that bothers even the Christian. Otherwise God would not have needed to remind us to "fear not" countless times in scripture. But remember whose you are and know you have no reason to fear. You can face anything! Be it everyday life or a situation where you're up on stage, facing a new job/school or  even a situation where you have to overcome your fear of heights for example. He is with you! And that, my friends, is your ticket to bravery. Do you get it? Think about this: the Creator of heaven and earth, the conqueror of death, the one who speaks and it comes to pass, the one who is able to do and undo. Heaven is His throne and earth His footstool (Isaiah 66:1), the one who specializes in your difficulties, the one who has come through for you several times, the one who gives you breath and keeps your heart beating. I could go on and on. But...that's our God!! And that's whose you are! If He is for you, who on earth or anywhere else can stand against you???

Friends, that's how He makes me brave. Brave enough to face tomorrow and whatever might come my way.


Be Strong
Be Brave
Blessings, 

Titi Funto

If you'd love to get these words of encouragement from me send me an email at thegreaterpurpose@gmail.com. You could write something as simple as 'Hi, I'd like to be included in your mailing list'. 




2 comments: