Monday, February 17, 2014

Some Men Do Wait...

Dearest Sis in Christ,
 
Here's a message from me to you.
 
I would rather it were written in fine ink on a piece of worn parchment, with little hearts drawn on the side, maybe even a sweet scent of perfume. I would even rather we sat in my living room in our pyjamas doing each other's nails but...this is just as good. Sort of.
 
And since it's just me and you, dear Sis, grab a nice cup of cocoa because it's time for a little girl talk...
 
 
Well, believe it or not but some men do wait.
So...you're not being ridiculous for standing up on what you believe in.
You're not weird for standing on God's word.
Remember that day? The day you made a commitment to honor God with your all, that was a pretty amazing thing to do.
And I know that sometimes you might feel discouraged. Wondering if your "standards" are really worth it. Because if they were, your girl friends wouldn't raise their brows at you, guys wouldn't think you were stuck up, and people wouldn't make fun of your beliefs.
Sometimes you feel alone in this.
Sometimes you think, what's the point? No man would want to "wait" with you.
So much that you start to wonder if you're even worth the wait at all.
Well, dear Sis, some men do wait.
And that awesome man your heavenly Daddy's got for you will care more about obeying His Creator than what's "popular".
He'll care too much about your heart and soul to want what the media's selling.
He'll believe everything God's Word says about you.
And he'll wait.
He'll wait to get to the altar.
He'll wait to calmly say "I do" (although he'll feel like shouting it on the roof tops) before God and man.
He'll wait until you're his.
And He'll forever love you for you.
Knowing in his heart that you were well worth the wait.
 
"Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body". ~ 1 Corinth.6:19-20 NLT
 
 
 
You know, dear Sis, Sisters are a wonderful thing, don't you agree?
 
My own sweet Big Sis ordered this purity bracelet for me. She asked me, 'what do you want written on it?' and after thinking for probably a whole day, she and I decided we would each have "We'll Wait" engraved on our bracelets. The WE on my bracelet stands for my future hubs and I. And I chose to have 1 Corinthians 6:20 engraved on there too. I love my bracelet. I love rocking it. Because it's a constant reminder.
Shout out to my best friend and big Sis (Funbi of Datfunkyfro) who got the bracelets and also rocks her own with 1 Thessalonians 4: 3 engraved on it.
 
"God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin" 1 Thess. 4:3 NLT.
 
 
So, dearest Sis in Christ, believe me when I say you are worth the wait. And it'll all be worth it. You'll see.
Don't give up. Don't give in. Live the life God wants you to.
 
Should you have any questions in the matter, dear Sister, or if you simply want to continue our girl talk, do write me back! At: thegreaterpurpose@gmail.com. Feel free to put lots of cyber hearts and flowers on your message.
 
You are not alone in this walk of faith,
 
Your Sister in Christ,
 
Titi Funto

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE this. It oozes with your character. That's number one. Number two, is the truth thickly embedded between each line. Yes, I've also asked myself, do men really wait? But I know ours are. I love you dear. Keep up the amazing work.

    DATFUNKYFRO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww love you too! And I love how you inspire me. :)

      Delete
  2. Waiting is well worth it. Many years down the road, you will be glad you both waited. He will wait. He will respect and honour you and wait. Believe me, he will if you will.

    This is a very rich message. Shout it as loud as you can, there are so many waiting to hear this. I pray that your writing will continually reflect the light of God's glory in the darkness of the world around us. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aunty. Your comment really put a smile on my face and made my day when I read it.
      Amen!!
      Thank you for being an inspiration to us ladies in more ways than one. I dearly appreciate you.

      Delete
  3. AWESOME <3. Love this sister in Christ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Thanks lovely! Loved this post, it encouraged me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous post/reminder, Funto. Thank you for sharing this - it's encouraging to read honest "letters" such as this. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete