Friday, August 16, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Healthy health


Hey There Beautiful People!
 
 
"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." 3 John 1:2
 
It really wasn't hard to think about what I was thankful for this thursday. I'm thankful for...well, health. Ahh...do I hear someone use the word "cliché"? Because really, I'm serious as can be. I am so grateful to my God for good health. Both for myself and all the wonderful people I care about.
 
I took a first aid class a couple of weeks ago and the med school student giving it mentioned something I thought hard about. She said before we do something, we think about it first. Before you lift an arm, for a mili second your mind thinks "lift arm". A command is given somewhere. (I'm no doctor but I hope you follow). But then, the first aid instructor said, "thank goodness our heart beats all on its own. We don't always have to give the command 'beat, heart, beat, beat heart...'".
 
We don't really appreciate the simple most important things, do we?
 
I thank God for every beat of my heart.
I thank Him for being able to effortlessly take a breath.
I thank God I have eyes to see the beautiful things around me.
I thank Him I can go jogging (which I so have to get back to doing).
I thank God I can sleep at nigt without thinking about one pain, discomfort or another.
And I thank Him that I'm in good health to the point of not even noticing it. Lol.
 
I could go on and on. Just to express my gratitude. I'm grateful. And you should be too.
 
 
 
And for those times when I felt a discomfort or another, this is a verse I would pray:
 
"O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me." Psalm 30:2
 
 
I love my Heavenly Daddy.
 
 
Stay blessed. Stay hopeful. Keep dreaming. Keep smilling.
 
Blessings, Funto.

4 comments:

  1. They say health is wealth. I thank God for giving me wealth through my good health. There's nothing like being able to wake up on your own, and do the 'daily routine' on your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Sis. God's been so faithful!

      Delete
  2. Health is one of God's greatest blessings - too bad we far too often take it for granted.

    Thanks for the reminder, Funto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rissi! What a great blessing it is!

      Delete