Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Movie Review: Ring the Bell (2013)


Hey lovlies!
 
 
My summer has been so wonderful so far. Spending precious moments with friends and family. It's been marvelous. And I thank God.
 
Last Saturday, as the choir got together to chill and fellowship at someone's place, we watched Ring the Bell. And I absolutely loved the movie.
 
 
 
  
The Story 
 
Slick, big-city sports agent Rob Decker has it all. But on his latest mission to sign a high school baseball superstar, Rob becomes stranded in a small town where the simplicity of life—and the faith of the people—stands in stark contrast to his own fast-paced, win-at-all-costs mindset. Torn between these two worlds, will Rob have the courage to let faith transform his life? Sometimes the next big thing isn't what you expect.
 
 
Starring Ryan Scharoun and Ashley Anderson McCarthy, RING THE BELL features Christian music artists Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Matthew West, along with baseball legends Rick Sutcliffe, John Kruk, and Ben Zobrist. This heartwarming story of redemption will entertain and inspire the whole family.
 
 
My review
 
Oh boy. What can I say? Is it the story line? The acting? The message? Seriously, the movie gets 5 out of 5 stars on all of it. It had moments of humour and more serious moments. There were a couple long dialogues but I gotta say, the actors really managed to pull it off and grab your attention all through.  
 
But overall, the message was clear: Possessions aren't everything. Only God can give us that sense of fulfillment we all long for. I believe the actors did an amazing job in conveying this message. I mean, I just loved every little bit of it. I actually cried (shamelessly) at one point when it got pretty emotional, but let's keep that between you and I ;) It's just THAT kind of movie.  
 
I also loved the whole aspect of the bell and it's meaning. I congratulate whoever came up with that beautiful idea.
 
 
 
Check out the trailer:
 
 
Have you seen Ring the Bell? If so, what did you like about it?
 
 
I pray you're all having a beautiful summer!
 
 
Much love, Funto.

No comments:

Post a Comment