Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Memory Verses: A special path for you


 
 
 
The beginning of last week and the end of the week before was a little period where I didn't want to be in my own head. The words "what if", "I should've", "perhaps", "maybe" seemed to invade my thoughts and haunt me. They sent my emotions plumetting in a way I'd forgotten was possible. I was pretty down. I asked myself questions. Then I asked God a couple questions. You see, in moments like that, it's great to have someone who's grounded in God's word to share with.
 
 
My big Sister reminded me of a couple verses that I decided would be my memory verses - whether I knew them by heart already or not. I needed a fresh reminder.
 
 
1) Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them" (NCV)
 
 
2) 1 Timothy 6:6 "But godliness with contentment is great gain" (NIV)
 
 
And the Holy Spirit reminded me of...
 
 
3) Psalm 139: 16 "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed" (NLT)
 
 
When I showed up for a language oral exam and the text I got spoke about how "what if", "I should've" and "maybe" were joy killers (my own reformulation), I knew God was going out of His way to get my attention.
 
 
Lesson n°1: You are where you are for a reason. Trust God, He knows what He's doing even when you don't (or didn't). Stop "wishing".
 
 
Recently, I've had to plan a lot. Trying to fit everything into a schedule...somewhere within the next two years! And that's alright. But a verse that kept coming to me was:
 
 
4) Proverbs 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths" NKJV
 
 
Lesson n°2: Seek God for direction and trust Him to lead you.
 
 
Lesson n°1 + lesson n° 2 = God's leading you through the path that HE has chosen for YOU. Trust Him with every plan and heart's desire. He'll show you the way. He knows what's best and He knows what He's doing. So there's no room for doubt, regret or simply "wishing". Sit back and enjoy the road trip. He specially planned it for you ;)
 
 
 
Those are my memory verses at the moment. With them, I called my emotions into submission. God's Word is powerful.
 
 
What verses have you been meditating on recently? And what has God been teaching you through them?

2 comments:

  1. Man you just summarized what I been going through in the past few weeks shoot and those scriptures have just been coming back to my mind! God is sure goooooooood!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! God is truly awesome!!! *awed* ;)

      Delete