Friday, February 8, 2013

Memory Verses: Hold on!


I realized I didn't share last week's memory verse with you all. When about to share this week's verse, I noticed, they could both be summed up in two words: HOLD ON!
 
 
 
 
Last week's memory verse was found in Galatians 6:9
 
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (NIV)
 
 
I have come to understand over the years that while doing good is the "right" thing to do, it can also quickly be tiring. Why? Maybe people don't appreciate what you do, maybe they don't even notice, maybe they repay evil for good...etc. And then you suddenly lose all motivation. And the next question you ask is: what is the point? I know, I've been there. And chances are, you probably have too. And chances are, so was the apostle Paul. Yet, he reminds the Galatians not to give up!
 
There are two things that stand out to me in this short verse:
 
Firstly, Paul didn't say you would automatically be rewarded for doing good. No. He says the reward comes from holding on!
 
Secondly, no where there does it say your reward will come from men! Looking for a reward from human beings as yourself is setting yourself up for disappointment.
 
 
Friend, hold on, don't dismay! Keep doing good - in whatever form. It puts a smile on the Father's face. And at the proper time, you shall surely reap a harvest!
 
 
 
This week's memory verse was found in Psalm 27:14
 
 "Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!" (NKJV)
 
 
Whatever you might be in the process of undertaking, can I encourage you to not throw your hands up in the air in despair? Hold on!
 
 
Our heavenly Daddy is there ready to strengthen your heart. Will you hold on long enough? Will you be of good courage? Friend, wait on the Lord, and let Him renew your strength but first you have to be of good courage and just HOLD ON.
 
 
I'll be writing these two verses out on flash cards so I always remember to hold on. Join me? :)

2 comments:

  1. Titi,

    God bless you a thousand times. Thank you for sharing your word and testimonies with us. Don't give up: I'll join those who follow you because I love what I read. Have a lovely week. :-*

    Juliana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Juliana for the beautiful encouraging words! Amen to that! And God bless you too!

      Delete