Monday, February 25, 2013

Memory Verse: Perfect Peace - Shalom



Hi lovelies,
 
 
 
 
This week's memory verse is one that has been coming at me lately, so much that I couldn't get it out of my head.
 
It's found in Isaiah 26: 3
 
 
"You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You." (NKJV)
 
"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" (NLT)
 
 
Christian author Katie Ganshert shares about this verse on her blog. I really encourage you to go have a look.
 
 
She mentions how in the original Hebrew text that the word "peace" is actually "Shalom".
 
 
According to Wikipedia, Shalom can also mean prosperity, completeness and welfare.
 
 
With a new semester just starting back at Uni, I know I'm back to busy days and nights where I'm up late reading. I know I'll be proccupied with different things. School, family, friends, church, finances...etc. It's easy to get caught up in all the crazy and miss God's beautiful. It's easy to want to get away. It's easy to want a break...or simply want to scream, shout and let out the tension.
 
 
But the best thing we can do is keep our eyes on Him. What does He promise in return? No, not just peace but PERFECT PEACE. He promises SHALOM. That means prosperity, completion and every good thing you can think of. Isn't that just amazing? It really blows my mind.
 
 
Perfect Peace can only be found in Christ Jesus. So when the world expects you to be shaking in your boots, pulling your hair out and snapping at everyone around you, bask in God's shalom.
 
 
Shalom, Funto :)
 

2 comments:

  1. I've been feeling all sorta ways lately. It's not bad feelings, just a lot of thoughts going through my mind. Things I want to get done, that's not really working out as 'I'd' hoped.

    I guess, I just need to re-focus my mind on Christ. He can grant me all I want and more! :)

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've also been thinking about a lot of things I wanted to get done and things that I had hoped would have been different. But God is faithful always! Keeping our eyes on him alone is the best thing we can do!

      Delete