Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"Love is" - Poem I wrote for saint Val's day


Hi there sweeties!
 
 
I thought I'd share this poem I wrote for Valentines day with you all. Be blessed!


"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV

 
PLEASE NOTE: This poem is under strict international copyright laws. It CANNOT be used, copied, modified...etc without my permission.
 
 
LOVE IS

Love is not just a word
Not a feeling that makes us warm inside
Love is a jewish carpenter
That hung upon a cursed tree
 
Love is not hugs and kisses
Red roses, violets and chocolate
Love is a sacrifice
That gave you and I a clean slate


Love wakes you up in the morning
Love is the beat of your heart
The sunlight that brightens your world
The hope that keeps you going
 
Our heart no longer is our own
Transformed by a love we did not deserve
Made whole by the precious blood shed
When Love came down as Jesus Christ
 
 
God is love!
 
 
Spread the love. John 15: 12 says "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you"
 
 
Much love!
 
Funto.

2 comments:

  1. The third paragraph!!! I love it! This is poem is so true. Love is all those things and more! Love is God!

    Thank you for taking your time to write this and sharing it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thanks Cindy! Yes, He is an amazing God! Thnx for taking the time to comment! :)

    ReplyDelete