Friday, January 25, 2013

My Natural Hair - a quick to-go Style



Since my hair-spiration big Sis mentioned me no her blog post, I thought it was only right to show you all a little bit of what I've been up to with my natural hair.
 
 
Briefing:
 
I stopped perming in October 2011 (and stopped braiding with extensions for a year before that).
November 2011, I wore box-braids.
I cut my hair on the 25th of March 2012.
I big chopped on the 22 of April 2012.
October 2012, I wore Senegalese Twists.
 
(I'll be doing a flashback with pictures soon :) )
 
 
After taking off my twists at around Christmas, I started to wonder what to do with my hair and decided that 2013 would have to be a year where I get a little more creative with my hair.
 
So on one occaison, I thought, why not just have fun with twists? And that what I did.
 
I was in the middle of exams and barely had any time! But I set aside an hour to do these tiny twists at the front.
 
 
 







 
 
 
 
I loved it! And would love to twist everything as soon as I get the time!
 
This style was not a quick to-go style the very first time I did it. The tiny 2 strand twists took me a little more than an hour (due to inexperience). But the days after that (2 weeks!!!), all I just had to do was moisturize and brush the fro at the back.
 
Looking forward to having more fun with twists!
 
 
What quick hair styles do you recommend for short natural hair?

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty!
    It will get easier and easier with time. And twists are so fun and make any wearer look youthful. I always admire older sister who wear two strand twists.
    Do you know how to cornrow your own hair?
    I cornrowed one horizontal braid in the front of my scalp and then I work the rest of the hair into an afro. Also two cornrows to the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It feels like climbing a mountain at first but surely with time, I'm sure it'll be easier. Sadly, I don't know how to cornrow my own hair yet. I'll have to learn. I flat-twisted horizontally during the summer (just one twist that took me a while to get right and left my arms aching, lol!). But I enjoyed it!

      Delete