Friday, January 18, 2013

Memory verse of the Week: Proud Daddy

 
Hey Everyone!
 
 
I'm finally back with memory verses! Yayy!!
 
 
 
 

This year's first memory verse is found in Zephaniah 3:17
 
 
"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy, He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing" KJV
 
"The Lord your God is with you; the mighty One will save you. He will rejoice over you. You will rest in his love; He will sing and be joyful about you" NCV
 
 

I read this verse and think WOW. Powerful and so comforting.
 
God is saying, He is with you. I don't know about you, but in the beginning of a new year, those are words I cling to.
 
 
But it doesn't stop there. He goes on to reassure us with four powerful "will"s.

1) He will save you
 
What comfort that is! We don't know what the rest of 2013 holds, heck we don't know what tomorrow or the rest of our lives hold. But we do know He is with us and He will save us come what may.
 
 
2) He will rejoice over you
 
Doesn't it make your heart melt to think that God rejoices over you and I? I mean, me? What could I have possibly have done to deserve the Almighty God rejoicing over me? But His unfathomable love goes beyond the things I do. He simply just loves me. A father's love. My heavenly Daddy! 
 
 
3) You will rest in His love
 
Need I say more? His love is enough for me. A refuge and a shelter.
 
 
4) He will joy over you with singing!
 
Another heart melter. God sings over you and I? I know I let Him down often, probably too often. I know I have more weaknesses than I can count. Yet He sings over me! Have you really thought about that? Just take a moment and just think about it...God singing over you. Wow. That is enough to brighten up a dark cloudy morning for me...any day.
 
 
I simply love this verse. And it just opens my heart and mind to a whole new aspect to God. I think about this verse and the image of a proud Daddy comes to me.
 
 
He loves you. And it has nothing to do with what you do or who you are (background..etc). It has EVERYTHING to do with WHO HE IS: your heavenly Daddy. And like a proud Daddy, He rejoices over you! He takes delight in you! He will be with you AT ALL TIMES. He will save you.
 
 
I know this will be one of those "always recite and never forget" verses for me.
 
It will most certainly be a verse I'll tightly hold on to through out 2013 and beyond.
 
 
I love that man of Galilee!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this scripture. I bookmarked this scripture some time back in kjv and amp. Someone posted it on twitter this evening and I retweeted it twice. A most beautiful verse to begin the year with. Thanks woman of God. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete