Sunday, December 2, 2012

Now Playing: Draw Me Closer - Meredith Andrews


Happy first Sunday of December!
 
 
Wow, the end of the year fast approaches. God has been sooooo faithful through 2012!
 
 
Let me share one of my favorite 2012 listens with you:
 
 
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded" James 4:8
 
 
 
Draw Me Nearer by Meredith Andrews
 
 
 
This made it to my "Quiet Time" playlist. It's a lovely song.
 
 
We should strive to be closer to God. Don't be complacent and satisfied where ever you may be in your relationship with God. You can have MORE! Hunger and thirst for his nearness. I want to be closer to His heart. I mean, I get so challenged when I read about the prophets. Moses, for example,  got to a place in his relationship with God that they spoke like friends!
 
 
"The Lord spoke to Moses face to face as a man speaks with his friend" Exodus 33:11a
 
"There has never been another prophet in Israel like Moses. The Lord knew Moses face to face" Deuteronomy 34:10
 
Wow! I want to get to that level with God. And friend, I tell you, it is possible! Let the Holy Spirit know you desire it and work towards it. It's not by power but by His grace. Work towards it, tell the Lord you want it and He will enable you to remain committed. Let us keep our eyes on Him, on The One True God because at the end of the day when He calls us home, nothing else (not our worldly riches or our accomplishments) will matter but how we walked with God on earth and how we let Him work through us.
 
 
I love it when she says "Where you are is where I'm home. I have need of only one thing; to be here before your throne"
 
 
Let our most important need be to just spend time with God. Not doing it as a duty, an obligation. But doing it because we simply love being in His presence.
 
 
I've said a lot more than I intended. But I believe our dear God, The Lover of our Soul is calling us to draw near to Him. As 2012 comes to an end and 2013 opens a new begining - a new chapter - I am determined to get to know my Jesus more. There is still so much to know! Will you join me?
 
 
Blessings and much love,
 
Funtó
 
 
Dwell in His presence and see Him reveal Himself to you :)

4 comments:

  1. Amen Funto! Wish I had the special keys to spell the o in your name correctly. Sis, I just love when keywords I pray come to life in songs, devotionals, and blog posts like yours. I am joining you by Faith to know our LORD more. Peace and GRace! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't worry about spelling it right! Amen to knowing the Lord more! Glory be to God!!!!

      Delete
  2. God bless you for your blog, and my aim is to tell the world any way I can. I pray that your posts may encourage and be a medium for God to do what He does best and that's that He may be glorified. I love the passion you have for Him and pray you may continue in this walk of no regrets.

    onecurator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Sis! Thanks so much for the lovely encouraging words. God bless you richly! And may He use you to tell the world!

      Delete