Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy 21st Birthday...a glimpse into my journal

Hey sweets!
 
 
My journal and my favorite journaling pen ;)
 
 
On the 16th of September 2012, I turned twenty-one. That was 2 months ago. It's hard to believe twenty's already behind me. I give God ALL THE GLORY. But instead of going on about how I feel and all that stuff, let me invite you to take a little peek into my journal:
 
 
"20 was a good year. A learning year. From beginning to end, you were constantly teaching me. There were hurting times. But you never ceased to be my God and to be good. You are always good. I'm not the same person today as I was when I turned 20. Wow, it's only been a year? That girl had so much growing up to do. Today's girl isn't perfect but she's still better and it's by your grace. That girl soon realized that although she loved you with her everything, that there was a longing and a yearning inside only you can fill. She soon learnt that you are enough for her. She learnt that she messes up a lot. Or rather, that she really wasn't perfect and that a lot of work still needed to be done. She learnt she desperately needed to spend more time with you. She learnt people will let her down. She invested more in the gifts you gave her. She learnt you could use her. She let you use her to reach out to those around her, share the love of  the one who saved her...even if sometimes the result hurt. She learnt that at the end of the day it's just you and her. She learnt you work hard behind the scenes and you've been doing so through out her life. She had to learn a whole new aspect of forgiveness and trust in you to escape the snare of bitterness. Daddy, she truly learnt that you were enough [...] and that at the end of the day only you mattered. Her eyes had to stay focused on you. She learnt she could do all things through you. She learnt humility. She learnt she had to rediscover you.
 
 
She learnt a lot. Today's girl lays it all down at your feet and asks you to have your way. She confesses to be completely lost without you. She confesses that you know best..."
 
 
And that's it. A peek into my journal. Jumbled thoughts stringed together. At one time I had tears in my eyes as I wrote this. But although I wish I could've done a couple things better as I look back on my 20, overall, I really do praise my God.
 
21 year old me and my adorable little niece
 
He has been so faithful!
 
I could shout it on the highest mountains.
 
20 is a year to remember for me. But I know 21 will be even better. It's already started off great. And I know the best is yet to come.
 
As I wrote in my journal on the 4th of September: "No matter how things may 'seem', life gets better every day"
 
Yup, with my number one on my side, the King of kings, Lord of lords, Almighty God, my besty...life totally keeps getting better. And everyday, I'm living the dream.
 
 
And there you have it, a peek into my journal :)
 
 
Do you journal? What did you/would you tell God on your birthday? How has this year been for you?
 

7 comments:

  1. Twenty was not my best year (did I really just use past tense?). Twenty one was better and twenty two so far has been my favorite of my twenties. Yet God has been faithful through each of these years. Congrats on turning 21! God has awesome things in store for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debra! God bless you!

      Delete
  2. great post... Journals are always a good way of reflecting on things. Always makes you realise the progress you've made. I never kept a journal @ 20 yrs but if I had to tell God something, it'd be that I'm grateful for how far He's brought me and for keeping me and always assuring me that all the things that I go through will work together for the good. Happy belated birthday. there's greater things in store for you. I pray that God continues to work through you and your faith continues to grow each day as you put your trust in Him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Trudy! Yes, all things work together for good! God bless you abundantly!

      Delete
  3. Thank You for an inside look of your journal. It brought me joy to read your thoughts. I do Journal. It used to be a self-journal but in this 23rd year of life and 1 year full of being saved, I want to dedicate my innermost thoughts to him because he knows them anyway so why not express it the best I know how and that is through journaling. Happy Belated Birthday. I pray that the LORD flows through you this year in an unexpected and beautiful way. Blessings Sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thanl you so much Maleeka! Wow! It's good to hear from u! You have been missed!! :) God bless you! I trust all is well with you and yours!

      Delete
  4. Happy late birthday! :) This is such a beautiful post and glimpse into your heart. :)

    ReplyDelete