Tuesday, August 21, 2012

TAG! A Sneak Peek Into MY NOVEL


So, I came across a fun tag on Rachelle Rea's blog Inspiring Daring. And though I wasn't tagged there was an open invitation to the tag and I thought why not? Rachelle's piece was so nice I felt like picking up her book straight up. Here's a Link.

I've been meaning to do it for a little while now but well...here goes!
  

The Challenge
1. Go to page 77 of my manuscript.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy the next 7 lines/paragraphs.
4. Tag 7 other writers to do the same.

Alright so, here's a sneak peak into my completed Contemporary Christian fiction novel (it's at it's first draft stage):
 
 
 
PLEASE NOTE: This extract is under strict international copyright laws. It CANNOT be used, copied, modified...etc without my permission.
 
 
 
 
 
I wasn’t sure how to react. Was I supposed to say I was sorry? But then sorry for what? It’s just the way his eyebrows furrowed with remorse, accentuating silver gray eyes that had suddenly grown dull.
“I’m sorry it didn’t work out” I told him. His shoulders slumped in his chair as his dull eyes absentmindedly scanned the remnants of the plate before him.
Peter looked up from the table “that’s the weird thing. It did work out. It was working out” he answered.
“Then why did she leave you?” I wondered, my voice marked with confusion.
He sighed, burying his face in his hands in obvious despair “she didn’t. I left her”
I wondered if I’d missed something. I opened my mouth to speak then paused, making sure it would came out right. “If it was working out, why would you leave her?” I wondered.
Another sigh escaped his lips. He turned his gaze to the beautiful lake and stared into the night, his face washed with sadness.
“I was with her for nearly two years and seriously I was happy with her. But it wasn’t the kind of happiness you get when you’re with someone you really care about” he stopped as if in thought and met my gaze. “Leah, don’t get me wrong, I care about her, about Dana, I really do. But I care about her like I’d care about my best friend. I knew that deep down, she was more of a good friend to me, and nothing more” His voice shook, overflowing with the depth of his emotion.
His eyes bore into mine; pleading with me to understand so I said nothing and just listened.

Right now, I'm supposed to tag 7 people but I'm not really sure who writes and who would love to do it. So, I'm leaving the tag open! You're welcome to do it! And if you're working on your novel please do! Be sure to leave a link in the comments below so I can get a sneak peak into your novel.

What do you think??? Let me know your thoughts about this sneak peak! Would totally appreciate it.

Blessings and much love,

Funto

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, you're writing a novel? That's pretty cool!! I like the sneak peek. It's very descriptive and personable. I can definitely picture/imagine the scene :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot sis! Yes, I've been writing since very young. This one's completed and in its editing stages. I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the encouraging words :)

      Delete
  2. Nice one.. I like the writing.. I just thought of how challenging it is to write so kudos to anyone including yourself for writing this.. Keep it up, you never know where it will take you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glory be to God! My prayer is that God leads me in my writing! Thnx sis!

      Delete
  3. Oooo, love your blog design! Is it new? I thought I had seen it before, but if it isn't new, perhaps not. :)

    So glad you decided to join in the challenge! Thanks so much for linking to me!

    I love how you shared the emotion of this short snippet. Really makes me want to read more, even though right now I'm kind of iffy about whether or not I like Peter or not. :)

    Blessings,
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this design for a year now. It was hard choosing from all the other designs so it was a bit of a random choice. Lol. I just knew I wanted purple :)

    Thanks so much for your comment! It seriously got me smiling. Like really!

    Peter's best side doesn't come up in this snippet does it? I'm not sure I'd like anyone that would speak those words. But he's one of those characters that mess up a lot but are always fighting to get it right. Which kinda makes up for their flaws.

    Thnx so much for stopping by Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete