Monday, August 27, 2012

Rest child, I am here


This is a poem I wrote, illustrating the way I've been feeling for a little while.
 
 
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8a)
 
And being the sweet awesome God He is, in response, He's been showing me that He is near. God's love-note in a passage I love:
 
 





Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
(Isaiah 41:10 KJV)



 
God is telling you that He is near. So, rest. My friend He is near. Closer than you could ever imagine.
 
 
PLEASE NOTE: This poem is under strict international copyright laws. It CANNOT be used, copied, modified...etc without my permission.
 
 
 
 
I AM HERE





I call out to you
On my knees I call
To my one God
The king eternal immortal invisible
The One my heart beats for
Longing desperately to be by your side

 
 So draw me near
L
ord, won’t you draw me near
My heart aches
My soul thirsts
 For all of you Lord,
Won’t you draw me near

 
Nothing else will fill me
Nothing else will satisfy
This ardent desire inside
Nothing will make my heart beat
Like it does at the thought of you
Nothing can fill me with hope
Or give me joy like you do

 
I put everything down
I’m letting go
And taking your hand instead
Lord, I’m holding on
Holding on to your love
Clinging to your embrace
Daddy, I’m never letting go
By your side is where I belong
At your feet is where I need to be

 
With open arms you welcome me
You whisper the words in my ears
And I have no doubt
Loving  words I will never forget
Hearing you say: “Rest child. I am here
 

 
He is closer than we think. He is closer to you today than you think. My friend, God loves you to bits and being the lover He is, He cannot stay away. Acknowlege His presence. Speak to Him. Joke with Him. Laugh with Him. Sit in His presence. Savour His love. Abide in Him. Swim in His grace. Delight in His Word. And my Friend, He will draw you closer than you've ever been.
 
 
I've been trying my hand at non-ryhming poems. I'm a sucker for rhyms and have to write a rhym. This time, I tried something different. Lol.
 
 
Have a blessed day!

 
Oh and remember, He is EVER SO NEAR!
 
 
FunTó

No comments:

Post a Comment