Friday, July 13, 2012

Thankful Thursdays: The unmeasureable gift of LIFE

Dear sweet friends,



As the words escaped her lips, I saw her mouth move but my brain refused to register. Automatically, I was unconsciously painting the image the escaped words illustrated. My heart suddenly weighed a ton in my chest and my head felt light as dizziness thought it was time to show. My knees lost their strength. I couldn't stand. I couldn't. I could barely think. All I could see was that picture: the illustration of the words that floated in the air. My chest felt tight as if all the air had been sucked out of my lungs. My eyes went dim and could barely focus. That picture...stuck in my head...I wanted somebody to tell me it was a movie because it sounded like one. A scene from a movie. I finally sat down, accepting the fact that my whole body needed the support. Minutes later, in my quiet time with the Almighty, the One and only, the Alpha and Omega...I squeezed my eyes shut, but in spite of my efforts my eyes gave way and the tears rushed down my cheeks. I cried. I cried tears of joy. Tears of GRATITUDE. My heavenly Daddy has been too good to me. Overwhelmingly good. Abba Father, without you...where would I be? What would have become of me? My life? My very essence? 

"If the Lord had not been on our side—let Israel say —" Psalm 124:1 NIV

I heard a story the other day and the above was my reaction. I call it a story but it's actually A TESTIMONY. The testimony of an event that took place a couple of years ago. Not directly about me but that concerned me in a way that if God had not let things happen differently, I would not be who I am today neither will I be where I am. That event -if God had not been in control - could have had devastating consequences.


Anyway, enough with the cryptic talk. This thankful Thursday, I was thankful for...LIFE. Now, hold on there. Before you roll your eyeballs at originality - or rather the lack thereof, hear me.

Life. It means everything. My life represents not only me, but the people around me. It represents the people that are always there that I take for granted, it represents my home, my health, my country, everything that adds a bit of stability to me. Even those things I moan about but that help me grow. And by life, I also mean of course, every breath I take and every heartbeat that is evidence of my existence.

That being said. I am not only grateful for my life but I am grateful for the precious lives of the amazing people my God has placed around me. I AM GRATEFUL.

To everyone I take or ever took for granted...I could only do so because of your unending kindness and forever open arms. I LOVE YOU.

To everyone who has become a necessary part of me, ignore my actions at times and my hurtful words, I LOVE YOU.

And to everyone else who I have come to know (and maybe learning to appreciate), I LOVE YOU.

Truth is, strip all these people out of my life and there wouldn't be much left - if anything at all.

God placed you all in my life for a reason. And to Him, I am forever grateful. THANK YOU doesn't cut it. And I guess that explains my tears from the other day because I felt like no matter how hard and how much I tried, I could never find a means that measured up in which I could say thank you to my King.

MY LIFE IS A TESTIMONY. One I take for granted so much that I don't even tell.

Is it health? Is it wealth? Is it peace? Is it joy? Is it love? Is it my studies? Is it my dreams? You name it! MY GOD HAS SUPPLIED ALL MY NEEDS. And to Him I am grateful.

I mentioned above that the events of the heart-gripping testimony had taken place a few years back. Unsuspecting of how God saved me, I had carried on with my life. Friends, my God saves me EVERYDAY and he saves you everyday. 99.9% of the saving, He does behind the scenes and we are not even aware. We don't know. If we did, I don't think we would ever moan and complain, take anyone for granted, wake up in the morning without first thanking God...etc. HE SAVES US EVERYDAY. Wining battles we never knew existed, healing sickness before we even notice it's there, averting us from heart-ache we didn't know was lurking around the corner. Yup, He saves us each second even. Thinking back, I can come up with a thouand and one situations where I or someone dear to me could have been victime of a terrible accident. Example? I could easily have slipped one time in the kitchen and have hot oil pour all over me. Actually, I did slip but God kept me from falling.

"give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV


I THANK JESUS FOR MY LIFE. Now that you know what I mean by "my life" and understand the vastness of the term, I'm sure you feel the same!

GRATEFUL TO GOD!


Have a wonderful worry-free weekend. The number One Hero and Savior's got your back!

Signed, with a heart overflowing with gratitude, FunTo.

No comments:

Post a Comment