Monday, July 9, 2012

Tell The World: ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY


The Beginning of the Beginning:

About this time last year. Ready to take on the blogging challenge.

It was about this time last year (ending of June-beginning of July) that I decided to embark on this journey called blogging. I was timid, not-so-confident and well, didn't really think I had much to offer. But God thought different! Looking back now, I hear me sounding like Moses as I came up with all sorts of excuses. I even see me speaking like Jeremiah as I reminded my God of the fact that I simply knew nothing. My Lord had spoken to my conscience and also spoke to me through the voice of my sister telling me I had something to offer the world. The ardent desire was there yet I was clueless. I didn't know where to start or what to do. But little by little, the blog started to play over in my mind and I figured what kind of blog I wanted. I told a friend of mine when she also suggested I start a blog (yes, the Lord surely confirms His word Mark 16:20) that "I don't see me sharing or blogging about anything else BUT Jesus". He was and still is the center of my life. And when I searched and searched and asked Him what exactly He wanted I realized He was telling me to "TELL THE WORLD". That is what He called each and everyone of us to do and that is what I determined in my heart to do through this blog. I would tell and share with the world what ever He laid in my heart.

Followers:

If I said the number of followers didn't bother me at first I would be lying. I had 2! My big Sis and Matilda from Texttexttiles. And they were really encouraging. I had just 2 followers for a while and though I didn't feel I was telling the "world" I soon learnt to shrug off the number of followers.

Time

I had so much fun blogging last summer and loved it very step of the way. Time management soon became an issue with the new semester at Uni. I struggled, to be quite honest. But I didn't relent. I couldn't and didn't post as much as I would have liked to but I was still doing something and I prayed the little something touched someone somewhere.


Picture taken around November 2011


Spiritual growth and maturity

I am quite happy to be writing this because I really didn't see it coming. Seriously, this was supposed to be a blog to encourage other young people out there but it has encouraged me and edified me more than I could've imagined. Sometimes when I write a post, a hear God telling me, "Really? So, you're writing to others about this but have YOU, yes you, dealt with it?" Man, I end up convicting myself. I smile now thinking about it. The many times God spoke to me through my own words. And since most of the time (actually a huge part of the time), I write what God's laying in my heart, something I experienced, a word that's touched me....etc being able to pen down those things contributed enormously to changing the way I see the world. Now, you're probably thinking I'm making this up in an attempt to make a pretty victory speech. NO! I seriously mean this. I love words. I love the power they hold when you string them together in the right way. And there is just something about speaking a word and also penning down a word and making it permanent on paper or on screen. It reassures and it frees. And honestly, in that sense blogging through out this past year has been therapy contributing to both my spiritual and psychological growth.

The challenges

I mentioned time earlier. Another challenge which I am still dealing with is consistency.

What's next?
Stick around and find out! The blog is committed to God's leading!

My expectant look!


Conclusion

It has been quite a year and I am privileged to have had the opportunity to share a bit with you all. I am still growing and God knows I still struggle with things like consistency (even in my spiritual walk) but I'm encouraged because His grace is sufficient. I LOVE THE LORD, MY GOD, MY HEAVENLY DADDY. And I pray this blog continues to be of use to you as it has been a blessing to me. I pray by this time next year, I will not be at the same place in my relationship with my number One, the way I see things, the way I react to things and the way I relate to others to encourage them in Christ.



A BIG SHOUT OUT AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE. YOUR OWN BLOGS HAS BEEN AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO ME IN SO MANY WAYS...


"speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord," Ephesians 5:19


I LOVE THE BLOG FAMILY IN CHRIST (both far and near). May the Lord honour you all as you honour Him!


Blessings and love,

FunTo,

2 comments:

  1. Been a long time coming but thank God...keep going...the word always fulfils the purpose for which it is brought forth...keep going

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS SIS!! I am so proud of you and thank God for what He has been doing in your life. I have definitely seen the GROWTH. Yes, God speaks to us through OUR words! Happens to em often. You are right. Words are amazing. There IS something about writing. Liberation is the word as you have correctly put it down.
    Love the pics. You are so beautiful.
    God bless you & may He continue to take you farther than you expectations, using you as His mouth-piece & arm extension.
    Amen.

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete