Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Poetry: Daddy, I'm home


It being the blog's one year anniversary, I realized that I made certain promises last year. One of which I barely kept. That promise was that I would share some of my work. Thing is, I LOVE WRITING and do it every so often. When I'm not working on a novel, I'm writing poetry. Sometimes writing is a necessity for me. Sometimes I just have to let it out and express myself and the best way I find to do that is stringing different words together in a way that illustrate what I feel and the message I want to send across. I probably won't be sharing my novels yet but here is a bit of my poetry. This one is called: Daddy, I'm home. Someone told me it was more a song, so who knows? I might come up with a melody for it ;) 

Enjoy and be blessed!


PLEASE NOTE: This poem is under strict international copyright laws. It CANNOT be used, copied, modified...etc without my permission.


DADDY, I'M HOME


I spread out my wings wanting more than anything to fly
I could do anything, go anywhere, oh let me reach for the skyLet me go, let me find my own way
I won’t stay, no, no matter what you say

Let me go, Let me go, that’s what I said
Let me go through life, make my own bed
Trouble is, Daddy, now I have to lie in it
But now it’s too much to handle, I can’t bear my own guilt

Daddy, I’m coming, coming back home to you
Because I’m falling apart and I don’t know what to do
Daddy, I’m so lost, confused, without a clue
So, I’m coming, coming back home to you

It was so perfect, so when did it all go wrong?
I was content, satisfied, although so young
Your love held me, strengthened me and kept me
But then why? Why did I suddenly demand you let me be?

I grew, looked around me and wanted much more
I looked outside, saw the world and walked out the door
You pleaded with me, you pleaded, begged me to stay
You pleaded with me until you had nothing else to say

Let me go, let me find my own way
I won’t stay, no, no matter what you say
Let me go, let me go that’s what I said
Let me go through life, make my own bed

I was fine on my own, but only for a little while
I fell short of your grace even before the first trial
You see Daddy, the world welcomed me gladly with open arms
But it was only because she meant me so much harm

Daddy, there were nights where I cried myself to sleep
Hopeless, wandering aimlessly like a lost sheep
Desperate, unable to take it, I was ready to let go
But your grace found me and your mercy said no

Daddy, I’m coming, coming back home to you
Because I’m falling apart and I don’t know what to do
Daddy, I’m so lost, confused, without a clue
So, I’m coming, coming back home to you

You told me it’s never too late
And as I walk through these gates
Here, where I find you
I see you waiting for me too

I fall on my knees asking for a second chance
I fall on my knees telling you I snapped out of the trance
I fall on my knees confessing your love is enough for me
Not the things I see
Not those things that demand my attention
Now I seek perfection
Never leaving your presence
Now, tomorrow and forever, whatever tense.
Daddy, I’m here to stay
Dwelling with you, everyday
Here, where I belong
Here, where nothing could go wrong

Daddy, I’m home.


If you have strayed away from the Father in anyway possible (maybe you're not as zealous as you used to be, maybe you don't give Him as much time as you used to, maybe He's not your number One anymore, maybe you lost focus....etc) just know and be assured that He is waiting with open arms. He is waiting. And I guarantee you, there is no better place to be than in the safe arms of our Heavenly Daddy, home with Him.


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment