Friday, May 25, 2012

Thankful Thursdays: HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIDEO to an amazing big Sis


Hey there beauties!

Funbi

This Thankful Thursday though is one that is LONG overdue. About a month overdue. About a month ago was my big sister's 22nd Birthday.

I give God ALL THE GLORY FOR HER LIFE.

Funbi (of DatFunkyFro) is one of the strongest people I know. Her love for God and her desire for Him blows me away. We grew up together and have always nearly been together. She knows me more than most people...thus the reason I call her my other half, sorta like a twinShe is a sister and a best friend. She is a blessing from God to me...a blessing that money can't buy. More precious than ANY jewel. I can talk to my girl about ANYTHING and I know she will lend a hearing ear. We argue of course but this daughter of Zion is always patient with me. She fills my day with loving text messages when she knows I'm having a hard time. She is a beauty inside and out.


Funbi has so many gifts: she sings, she writes, she sows and she is a young entrepreneur with her own hair and skin-care line. Oh and did I mention the fact that SHE IS THE BEST DANCER I KNOW (free-style and choreography)!! Her determination is something I admire very dearly. And her boldness and confidence is so encouraging.



Her fashion sense is an inspiration! Funbi always has the right word at the right time. And no exaggerations when I say she seriously makes my day. She has an amazing crazy sense of humour! We often sit in front of the TV to watch cartoons while laughing ourselves silly. Oh, I LOVE THIS SISTER.

I could go on and on and on, bragging about this beautiful Creation of God, who through her God has accomplished, learnt and taught so much in 22 years!

"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity" 1 Timothy 4:12 

Again Sis, HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY. You have been an inspiration to me and I THANK GOD FOR PUTTING YOU IN MY LIFE. I rejoice for the many years to come!

Be sure to visit her blog: DatFunkyFro She always has an on point biblical encouraging word as well as sweet beauty tips, trust me ;)
Annoyingly enough, I can't seem to get the video to upload...*Sighs*. No worries. Guess big Sis will be the only one to see it then.


What were y'all thankful for this Thursday??? DO SHARE!!


God bless you all!


Have a wonderful weekend.


Much love, Funto

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your big sis! I am grateful for breath! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Maleeka. Hadn't heard from u in a little while. How are you dear? Yes, I definitely agree!!! THANK JESUS for the breath He gives us each day!

      Delete
  2. SERIOUSLY GIRL!!! You've got to be playing!! This is soo sweet. THANK YOU SO MUCH. However, I think you are giving me too much credit. I really appreciate this from the bottom of my heart. Nonetheless, you have also been there for me & a great help. Let's just say we helped build each other up. You are awesome babes. Words are not enough to say thank you for this. GOD BLESS you richly!

    By the way sis, I gave you an award. Check out my blog for more info!

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thanks so much hun for the award. Will get to that asap. Was only wording the truth :) I LOVE YOU and how God is working in you! So...thank you, for ALWAYS being there ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday to her! :) It's good to have a big sister, best friend and confidant, all in one! You're blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Yes I am! Thanks for dropping by Oluwaseun! God Bless!

      Delete
  4. Hey.... I found your blog on Connecting young Christians. I REALLY REALLY like your blog, can we follow each other? I would really love to connect with more Christians across this world. Let me know if we can, please follow me if you want to, I promise I will follow back.

    xox South Africa
    www.cindy-saul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy! So glad you came across my blog. And thank you for the kind words, they're encouraging. You are very welcome to follow. See you at your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely birthday gift to your sister. I have known datfunkyfro for a while now via blogger and I am not surprise at all by everything you just described about her. I thank God for the life of both of you.

    ReplyDelete