Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thankful Thursdays: Appreciating Mum



Much love to all you beautiful people!


This a new series I entitle: Thankful Thursdays. Life is too short (or too long...whichever rocks your boat) to live it in complaint, disgruntlement, dissatisfaction...etc. God is awesome and He loves us to bits which is why HE NEVER STOPS BLESSING US. To live oblivious of those blessings is just plain wrong. I have so much to be thankful for...so much! And friend so do you!

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18 KVJ).

Ever tried counting the stars? They line the beautiful dark skies of the night in such number! Now think about your blessings. I mean THINK about it! That thing or person you've taken for granted. Yup, I know it's all coming to you ;) It's never too late to start appreciating the people around you and it's certainly never too late to start giving God all the glory!

Be grateful for every sunshine, every smile, every sign of rain, appreciate God for the closest people to you. EVERY SINGLE DAY, THERE IS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR. But on Thursdays I'll share a couple of things I'm grateful for with you! But don't just sit back, get to work too! I would love for you to also share those things God has blessed you with! Make it a testimony for the world to know!

Today I would love to thank God for a special somebody in my life: Mum!

Me and Mummy!

She is a gem!

I thank the Lord for this wonderful mother. I appreciate her and love her to bits.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies" (Proverbs 31:10).


A tip of the iceberg A tiny weeny ouncish little bit about Mummy:


I love how she goes out of her way to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves when we're all gathered together. I love the way she jokes and laughs. This lovely mother has a beautiful smile that lights up a whole room. She has a HUGE GENEROUS HEART and will go out of her way to be a blessing to someone else, something which has truly been an inspiration to me. Her self-confidence is something I have always admired and don't let me get started on her cooking! She always has an encouraging and uplifting word. She prays endlessly for her children and teaches the way of the Lord. She is a mother to myself and my siblings but also to so many more because she REACHES OUT! When I think of times when she has gone out of her way for me, my heart is filled with so much appreciation and so much gratitude. She is truly a great blessing in my life, I cannot but thank heaven for her and pray ALL of heaven's blessings upon her life. Yes, her price is far above rubies.



Mother's day was on Sunday, I hope we appreciated our mothers. But let's not do it only once a year. Let us remember their sacrifices, let us bless the lord for their lives, let us bless them...everyday.

A friend of mine who recently had a baby girl told me as she stroked her beautiful new-born "after having one of my own, I now know what my mother must have gone through. And I respect her all the more thinking that she would go through all that pain just to have me".

Wow. Her statement really got me thinking. But truth is, childbirth is only the beginning for a mother. So much more comes after words. Yet, they do it with love and with abundant care.

I really don't want to wait to become a mother myself before I learn to appreciate my own. With God's help I'll do it everyday, even better now if I haven't done it well enough.


Truth is, I also appreciate my sweet Daddy because they are both a team (can't talk about one without mentionning the other).


I have so much to say about these beautiful wonderful people God has placed in my life but let me stop here. Daddy's post will come ;)


I LOVE THEM SO! And pray God blesses them abundantly. 


Yup, I AM EXTREMELY BLESSED!


So, Lord, THANK YOU FOR WONDERFUL PARENTS! And forgive me for the times I have taken them for granted in anyway. Help me through your spirit to be the daughter you want me to be. Amen!


That's part of my Thankful Thursday!

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment