Sunday, March 25, 2012

You're only one person

 Hi sweets!


After taking a little unplanned and unexpected break...here I am, alive and well, body, spirit and soul and I only have the Almighty to thank for that.


What happened?

Well, I've been quite busy lately. But not only that. I was trying to do EVERYTHING. I WANTED to do everything. I suddenly had ten thousand things on my mind and asides from my regular listes of things to do (on my iPad), I started writing on my palm, my iPhone...I mean, there was always something I needed to write down so I wouldn't forget. Call this person. Do that. Do this. Read that book (amongst others) for school but make sure you read that other one for fun...gotta keep reading novels! Don't forget your deadline for editing your novel! What happened to writing your poems, why aren't you writing as much as you used to? Didn't you say you were going to learn to do this? And what about that other thing you wanted to learn? Girl, you gotta spend time with that person, don't forget! Text that friend you ain't seen in a while. What??? You actually forgot to send that happy birthday message? Do it today!!! Wait, weren't you supposed to call the orthodentist's? Girl, what are you doing about your job search? You are wayyyy behind on blog posts!! You are soooo many chapters behind on your bible reading plan that it'll be impossible to catch up now! What about all those blog posts you want to read?? And that trip you wanted to organize???

*Sighs* That was what it was like in my head: an alarm going off each second reminding me of one thing or the other I had to do. And with exams approaching fast, the list continued endless like a tap of running water.

But one day, while still feeling overwhelmed by the amount of things I had to do and those I had imposed on myself....the words hit me: "I'm only one person" and they kept playing over and over in my head like a constant reminder meant to shut off the unbearable ringing alarm of deadlines to be met.

I'm only one person and friend, so are you. There is only a number of things you can do. Besides, there is a time for everything! You're not meant to feel overwhelmed, swept by a whirlwind of things to do. No. Learn to push things back. If you absolutely can't do it today, don't beat yourself up about it. Maybe today's not the best time. Maybe you should find a more convenient time.

Quite honestly, I'm still battling with that feeling of wanting to do it all, achieve it all but I thank God, I am dealing with it. So, whatever your goals, aspirations or desires are, bring them before the Lord and ask Him to show you the best way and time to reach for them.

Let me give you an example, two weeks ago, I was going to start my guitar lessons. It's something I've been wanting to do and refused to put it off any longer. So, I had to figure out a way to fix those precious hours into my already busy scheldule. It was a frustrating task. Trying to reorganize everything, push one thing an hour later and try to fit in my gutar lessons. Seriously, it was frustrating. Until I finally but reluctantly decided to let it go. Now, wasn't the best time for those lessons. Why not focus on something else instead of trying to fabricate more hours into the God-given 24.

I used to think why in the world did my Heavenly Daddy decide to give me only 24 hours in one day? I was always convinced they were not enough. But the thing is, God knows best. And He knows if we had more more than that, say 48 hours in a day...we would still complain it wasn't enough! We would over do it or 'over waste it'! Get what I mean?

So, chill a little. Relax. Do what you can. And God will help you figure out the rest.

Remember, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6:27 NIV).

And Jesus himself also said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 NIV).

Again, take it easy and keep it real. Just be honest with yourself about what you can and can't do. What needs to be in your schedule and what shouldn't be. Because afterall, you're only one person!


I will try and post as God wills. I have some posts lined up that will be coming up soon!


God bless you all abundantly!


Enter into a stress-free week with the joy of the Lord being your strength!

1 comment: