Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love on Valentine's

Much love beauties!


I pray we all had a wonderfully blessed, beautiful Valentine's Day!

My Valentine's Day started off strange yesterday but I thank God, it was really good.

I actually meant to do this post yesterday but exhaustion kicked in, and I somewhat chose to give in. 

So, what am I going to share? Well, I'm not going to be telling you every little detail about my day, who sent me a rose, a sweet text message...etc. Nah...What I am going to do, is talk about LOVE!

As I stepped into the shops yesterday and saw the LONG (and by long, I mean LOOOONG) line at the flowers section, I thought to myself, all these people are going through all this trouble why? Well, for LOVE.

As I typed up a message telling my favorite girls just how much I loved and appreciated them, I asked myself why am I doing this? Well, because of LOVE of course.

As I took my time in the shops thinking and searching for the very best valentine's present for one of the very important people in my life, I thought why? And without having to think twice, I answered LOVE of course.

I could go on and on. But truth is, it all comes down to LOVE!!

But wait a second, what is LOVE? Nowadays everyone seems to believe they know what love is. Everyone has a definition of what love is. To some, love is what they feel when they see a family member, their significant other or a true friend. To others, love is what they feel for their favorite activity, food, sport and so on. And to some, love is a sacred word they hardly speak but that they know they feel...once in a while at least. I guess it's safe to then say, LOVE HAS BECOME SOMETHING SUBJECTIVE.


I hear the word LOVE everyday...I think it's safe to say I use it everyday.

So, again, I ask...What is LOVE? And what can we love?

1 John is quite loaded with answers concerning the topic.


"Beloved, let us love one another: for LOVE IS OF GOD; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God FOR GOD IS LOVE" 1 John 4:7-8 KJV.


Yes! GOD IS LOVE! LOVE IS OF GOD! What is more, we are to LOVE ONE ANOTHER.


So, yes, love that neighbour that seems to complain about everything you do, love that "friend" that acts nothing like one, love that family member that might have let you down once...JUST LOVE and let your heart overflow with it. Decorate your spirit with bright red ribons of love and sweet smelling colourful flowers of compassion. Let love fill the cup of your mind and even runover...overpouring and soaking your surroundings yet leaving you with enough to give and more than enough to share with those who lack.


"If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:46-48 NIV.


But what are the charecteristics of this LOVE?


"THERE IS NO FEAR IN LOVE; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love" 1 John 4:18 KJV.


SO LOVE AND LOVE FEARLESSLY! I have heard people say that they are afraid to love because they do not want to get hurt or be let down by the other person (this applies to every context where love is involved, be it between friends or concerning a 'more than friends' relationship). Truth is, love casts out fear. If you love yet fear, your love is incomplete and hasn't reached its full potential. Where there is love, there is no fear. God is love and God and fear are incompatible. It's that simple! It's either you love and the fear disappears or you fear and never love! The choice is ours! But I choose to love and I choose to do it fearlessly! Whether someone hurts you or not is between that person and God. Do your part...LOVE!


More characteristics can be found in 1 Corinthians 13:4-13.


So HOW do we love exactly?


"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth" 1 John 3:18.


We are not just to say "I LOVE YOU". Saying it is fine, in fact, saying it is GREAT! BUT SHOW IT! Actions speak louder than words. Believe me, they do! Not just on Valentine's Day or on Christmas, or on Birthdays...actions speak louder than words EVERY DAY! Show it every day! Nothing warms my heart more than someone randomly showing me some love.


So LOVE LOVE LOVE and do it fearlessly!


Here's a funny video about the word love:




HAPPY BELATED VALENTINE Y'ALL!


I love you all with the love of Christ.


But rest assured, THE GREATEST LOVE THAT ANYONE COULD EVER KNOW OVERCAME THE CROSS AND GRAVE TO FIND YOUR SOUL! Jesus loves you like it's nobody's business! 


How was your Valentine's day? What do you think about showing love? and loving fearlessly?

GOD BLESS!

4 comments:

  1. Just another day but a day in the LORD so a day in LOVE. Everyday is love day. Every second is love time. The LORD sustains us and its a blessing.
    Great post and happy valentine's day to you too, everyday. I think showing love is definitely more effective and soul etching than saying that you love someone. Loving fearlessly is loving another regardless if they love you back and regardless of who they are. Love intelligently. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree: "Love intelligently". This hit me! You're right. The Bible says WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THING! So even as we love, applying wisdom is key.
      Thanks for dropping by Sis.

      Delete
  2. Talking of love i Love your hair <3 x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lolita! You're sweet! Thanks for dropping by! God Bless!

      Delete