Saturday, January 21, 2012

Memory Verse Of The Week: Priorities!

Hey Everyone!




I said I would carry on with this. So here it is! This week's memory verse. For this week I chose one we all pretty much know. It's a verse taught in Sunday school and that we've probably heard on countless occasions. So, today, it'll probably just serve as a reminder! This week's memory verse is found in 

Matthew 6:33


"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (KJV).

"Seek first God's kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well" (NCV).

It's a piece of scripture that's been on my mind for a little while now. And it's one that explains itself SOOO well that I basically feel like there's nothing to add.

It's just as we go about the hustle and bustle of life it's easy to get carried away and just miss it. Stop, take a moment and ask yourself, what am I chasing after? Am I chasing after God and everything God-related or am I seeking out my own selfish ambition, trying to get things done myself?

     Source
  
Look, MATTHEW 6:33 IS NOT A JOKE! I have seen it work out on countless occasions in people's lives. People who will go out of their way to please God. People who will put Him first in EVERYTHING. People who are working out their salvation with fear and trembling! (Philippians 2:12). And I've seen it work in my life!

I mean, think about it. When you put God first, when you are determined to live life like He would approve, when you make sacrifices in God's name, when you decide to be different for God instead of following the worldly crowd...you'll put a smile on the Father's face. And here's what gets me: we all know the bible says ask and it shall be given unto you (Matthew 7:7), but get this, when your sole purpose is to seek out His kingdom and seek out Kingdom matters YOU WON'T EVEN NEED TO ASK! The Bible says "...and then all your other needs will be met as well". It's automatic!

What is it you're busy chasing after? A good job? Good health? Peace? A reputation? A good education?Money? What's making you bite on your nails in fear? What's keeping you up late at night? What's that thing that's stopping you from making your heavenly Daddy a priority? Whatever, it is He will take care of it. BUT YOU HAVE TO PUT HIM FIRST! So, get those priorities straight!

I often forget about this verse. Well, I'm making sure from now on that that's not gonna happen. In all things, anywhere and anytime, I know who comes first. And that's not me!

Daughter of Zion, son of the Most High, guard the word in your heart and meditate on it at all times!

Blessings and Love!


Oh and remember, God loves you like it's no body's business!

6 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing...God bless His word

    ReplyDelete
  2. @xflashinLITESx: AMEN! Thnx for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a timely word sis! It truly takes the grace of God to live out Matthew 6 : 33 but thank God because His word sets us free. May God help us.
    God bless you sis.

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daughter of Zion.
    May the holy spirit keep speaking through you!
    Timely and much need command and reminder to seek him and his kingdom first and all other things may be added. Things I can't even discern or perceive right now but they're for my good and for others good if they seek him.

    Peace and Grace.
    p.s. Super wise for your age. I admire God's work through you. 1 Tim 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Funbis: AMEN! God bless you too for always having a timely word for me! Truth be told, I was reminded of this passage a while back (probably a month or so) when you posted it on twitter with the words "Matt. 6:33 is not a joke"! I remember it so clearly cuz I was thinking which verse is that again? I eventualy checked it out and made sure I think about it everyday! So, thank you! God bless u and may He continue to use u!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Emme: Thank you sooo much for the kind words, they mean so much! All glory be unto God! He's unfathomable and only He gives wisdom. So humbled by your kind words. 1 Timothy 4:12 is a favorite of mine, it's such a deep verse! Thanks Sis, God bless you!

    ReplyDelete