Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Sunday (January 22nd 2012)

Happy Sunday Lovelies!


I pray we've all had a great weekend!

So, here's a little bit about my Sunday. It was my turn to take Sunday school today (like I'd been doing for the past years now) and although it went good it started off bad with one of the kids. And then during the lesson, two other kids got in a row and one of them had to be sent out. And all the while I was thinking, "Lord, I absolutely do not need this". To top it all off, while leaving church a certain matter had made me somewhat sad. And this afternoon/evenning was consecrated to studying. And that wasn't so great either. So as I sat here and just thought it through thinking about tomorrow and wondering how that day was gonna turn out, I rememberd words my sister spoke to me this very afternooon. She said: "God won't take you out of a situation, no. So instead of praying that He does, pray that He'll take you through it".


Those words made so much sense to me. I'd already heard it before but today I understood it in a whole different way.


You see, we all go through things for a reason. I could look back right now at certain things I've faced in the past and say with unwavering certainty that I would not be the person I am today if I'd not gone through those things. Little things can tug at us and try to kill our joy (like the events at Sunday school today), but just relax, smile and trust it happens for a reason. I've come to realize that it's the little things that can rob us of our joy the quickest. Yet, if we would just take a step back and look at them from a different angle, we would realize how irrelevant they were. But instead of asking God why he couldn't have made things go differently, ask Him to take you through it so that at the end of the day you can proudly say "lesson learned!".


As I pondered on all of this, I was reminded of a post I'd made last summer (Post: I Am Glad), so I'd gone back to read it. I realized how that post was so on point to me right now! I mean, wow. It really spoke to me. So, check it out!


And just to emphasize how irrelevant certain matters that are on-the-moment-joy-killers are, one of the kids in Sunday school wrote the sweetest e-mail ever to apologize for her behaviour and it put a smile on my face! Haha, love them kids!

So all this to say: don't let the ennemy kill your joy with little irrelevant things! Instead look up to God, ask Him to take you through whatever it is and that at the end of the day, you'll come out stronger and wiser!

That was just a little encouragement for us all. For me especially, probably ;)


Anyway, back to the books, eat, and watch some comedy! Haha.


Have a lovey beautiful week y'all, filled with God's love and all things good!


Much love!

God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Wise advice and words to add to prayer!
    God bless you Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Emme: Amen! Thank you. God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete