Thursday, December 22, 2011

You Lead

Hey there lovelies!


Praying you're all doing great! I know I am! *HUGE SMILE* With just 3 days till Christmas, I would've loved to make another Christmas post today...but the Spirit said no :)

Alright, here's what's up! I've been somewhat unsure about a certain issue I can't really share. But it somewhat bothered me. So, at church we had a prayer and fasting period for some time and this issue really was at the top of my list. But I wasn't really asking God anything about the issue. All I told God was "Lord, I trust you. Have your way". I prayed that but I had NO IDEA what would happen next. I prayed and just decided to be blinded by faith. I prayed...and it basically became a chorus every time I went down on my knees.

Well, the prayer and fasting ended, you see. And I somewhat stopped praying that prayer as fervently as before. But the whole thing was still there, in my mind, as just something to worry about. BUT - get ready for the testimony - TODAY, after a long day of lectures and all with just one irrelevant phone call, the Lord God Almighty assured me He was in control!

Look, we spend so much time worrying. We worry and worry and worry until we can take no more. Jesus said: "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" (Matthew 6:27 NIV). So basically, worrying is useless. I know, I know sometimes it's hard not to worry but that's where faith kicks in. You know, you might not understand what's going on around you. You might not understand how it'll all work out but you know what? Just trust in God! Sit back and watch Him do His thing! Ask Him to have His way and His way alone. Step aside and stop doing it your way. Just let Him take the lead. And I promise you that it'll all work out in the best possible way, even better than you could ever imagine.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28 NKJV).

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope" (Jeremiah 29:11 NJKV).

"For surely there is a hereafter, And your hope will not be cut off" (Proverbs 23:18 NKJV).

Truth is, He's got your back. *Can I get a shout!!!* I mean, REALLY!! So, no need to worry, or fret or whatever. Sit back, take the background and let your beautiful story unfold as He writes it out!

"He has made everything beautiful in its time" (Ecclesiastes 3:11a NKJV) 

Well, I've learnt to leave it all to Him from now on. You should do the same. You know, that kind of "Lord, take the lead" faith just gives you so much peace and so much joy. I mean, unshakable peace and joy. That's how I choose to operate.

This is even the more relevant as 2012 approaches. I refuse to go into the New Year with a "I wanna do it my way" attitude. Nope, that ain't gonna be me. I choose to enter 2012 with a "Lord, your will be done" attitude. That attitude is a form of obedience. And God rewards obedience, not when you worry because you want things to go your own way. No, that's not how it should be.

So, let Him take the lead on the things that concern you! Heck, give Him YOUR LIFE, YOUR EVERYTHING and let Him reward you in amazing ways.


Here's a lovely song that's been on my mind for days because the words "you lead" kept popping into my head...*I know, isn't God just so awesome???*. Finally got the chance to revisit the song today and I love it soo much because it's even more relevant to me now!

"You Lead" by Jamie Grace




This next song is one I've been listening to for a long time now and still haven't gotten tired of it!

"Background" by Lecrae. Enjoy!



Let the songs minister to you!


What's your experience with letting God have His way? The world needs to know!

Blessings and love, friends!

Have a lovely Friday!

God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Wow sis, this is amazing!! You are right, we should all have that "Lord, your will be done" attitude. As the curtains are falling on 2011 and the road leading through 2012 is unwinding, I also choose to have this attitude. What's more, God does and ALWAYS rewards obedience. I rejoice with you babes. I give all the glory to God..my heart is truly afloat. We give it all to Him. Thanks for sharing! Keep up the amazing job! ;)

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Funbi's: Thanks so much Sis! Thanks for sharing in my Joy!

    @Matilda: Amen!!

    ReplyDelete