Monday, October 10, 2011

He Cares For You

So much love to all you lovely people!



I realize there's been a hiatus in the weekly memory verses, which I am so sorry about (for all those who have been memorizing scripture with me). I've been adapting back into what I call the student life at uni so I've just been working out how to organise myself this year. I HAVE MISSED BLOGGING on a regular basis! Seriously, no lies. God has been so good to me though, that I can't deny. I pray you're living in appreciation of His goodness!

I decided to read through all the memory verses I'd shared util now and came across one I feel would be great for this week.

It's a very short passage found in 1 Peter 5:7

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. (NKJV)


To help your comprehension, here's a couple more versions:

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." NLT
"Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. " AMP
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." NIV 

Let me just invite you for a couple of seconds to think back; Has there been a time when a loved one - be it a friend, a family member, a spouse..etc - has had a problem,any type, and all you'd just wanted was for them to SHARE whatever was wrong? If you don't remember then try to imagine. How would you feel if that loved one refused to even TELL you what was on their mind?
Personally, I would feel terrible. I mean, when anyone I care about is hurting, I hurt too. And all I just want is for them to feel better. I WANT TO HELP them feel better. Yet, that's impossible if the person won't even TELL me and SHARE what's bothering them.

See where this is going? Uhum, I just hit home didn't I?


Basically, it's the same thing with God. Sure, He's omniscient. He knows what's bothering you, He knows what's on your mind. But truth is, He won't intervene until you open your mouth and tell Him and ask for His help. God gives us choices, yes. And He lets you choose whether you want Him in on what's on your mind.

Friend, listen, what's on your mind? What's that big care that's stopping you from smiling? What's that little care you feel is too unimportant to share? Jesus, is sitting on the throne just WAITING for you to share because all He wants MORE THAN ANYTHING is to make you feel better. Why? BECAUSE HE CARES ABOUT YOU!

Just like I would want to help a loved one more than anything if something was bothering them, GOD WANTS COME TO YOUR RESCUE.

Don't let the devil decieve you and tell you what you think is a problem is too unimportant to go to God with in prayers. I've been there and I'm telling you not to go there. It's a lie of the devil. No worry, care, anxiety, concern - whatever you want to call it - is too unimportant fo you to pray about! And child of God, nothing is too big to go down on your prayers to pray about.
Students, is it that tough class that's got you scratching the back of your head and worrying? Pray about it!

Look, JESUS CARES ABOUT YOU SO MUCH! Imagine the love between a parent and a child, imagine the love between siblings, imagine the love between a husband and a wife. Just imagine LOVE. Can you? Well, His love surpasses all of that. His love is UNFAILING. He will be there. He will carry your cares. Why? Not because of your merites but because HE LOVES YOU. He loves you so much he went to the cross for you. HE THINKS YOU'RE TO DIE FOR!

So, humbly, lovingly and thankfully approach the throne of grace in prayer. And I can assure you He will answer!

Do me a favour today, tomorrow, this week...think of every little thing that wipes the smile off your face. Think of every little thing that makes you put on a plastic smile that fools no one. Think of every single thing that makes you feel low and just PRAY about it. JESUS AWAITS YOUR REQUEST. He is waiting to shwo himself strong and mighty on your behalf so give Him the opportunity!


I leave you with this wonderful song by Cece Winans called "He's concerned"


Be blessed! Go through the week knowing that He is concerned! HE CARES FOR YOU!
Thanks for reading!
GOD BLESS!


2 comments:

  1. amen! and thank you for posting this! i plan on sharing it with others :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!! Very much appreciated! Thnx for dropping by! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete