Sunday, October 2, 2011

51st Independance Day!

Blessing and Love lovely people!

I pray you all had a wonderful weekend! I thank God for mine!

Yesterday was my motherland, Nigeria's 51st independance day celebraton!

Wow, 51 years of independance!


happy 51st independence anniversary nigeria  Happy 51st Independence Anniversary Nigeria!
Source

Nigeria's not a perfect country but I LOVE and PRAY for this my lovely country with so much potential. You know, I hear people critisize, I hear people complain about this country but yet...who's MAKING A CHANGE? It's easy to complain, it's easy to critisize and name out all the problems you have with the country but  what are you actually DOING or what have you done to CONTRIBUTE?

This post is not only about Nigeria. It's about ALL OUR COUNTRIES.

I was talking to a very wise Nigerian woman today and she told me and said something along these lines "I never speak against or slander my country, because it's the things you say that come to pass. I speak to build my country and I refuse to speak words that would destroy this land of mine! Whereever I go, I know I represent my country. I try to be the best I can be so people can proudly say, that Nigerian woman made a difference in my life. This is my way of contributing to my country!"

Such words of wisdom! I was so touched by her words and I pray the good Lord will add to her wisdom. After all, wisdom is the principal thing. And knowing not to bad-mouth your own country is wisdom indeed!

God as made you a part of the country you are from for a reason! Not so that you can speak negativity concerning that country, no. But because there's a certain something in you He wants you to bring to your country! You can make a difference. You want to change the world? You want to contribute to this world? Friend, start with your motherland! And also which ever country you may find yourself in right now.

You know, I find it really quite SAD when people (young or old), especially from Asia or Africa, who have relocated from their motherland suddenly start pretending they're not from there because it's suddenly not 'cool'. I'm sorry but what's not 'cool' is denying your heritage! What's not cool is picking up another culture and completely abandonning your own. What's not cool is going out of your way and doing everything in your power so people won't associate you with your motherland. I'm sorry but your motherland will always be your motherland. Don't run away from it, embrace it! Don't be ashamed of it, advertise it! Let the world know all the positive things about your country and not just what they imagine or what they see on the news.

An example with Nigerians, one concerning the language: many Nigerians end up not speaking their native languages, sometimes beacuse their parents believe english is a sign of 'education', which really makes doens't make much sense. When english.speakers learn a different langiage, like oh I don't know, French or Spanish, they don't completly abandon and forget english, do they? So, what are we doing??? I've seen a couple of youtube videos about a couple of Americans that went to Nigeria to learn Yoruba, and one of them was saying how it was a shame Yorubas don't even speak the language anymore and how she spoke so much more than the natives. She'd fallen in love with the language. How much more the 'natives'?

Enough said, you get the picture. Just reevaluate yourself. Just think and try to remember once when you've actually tried to promote your motherland. If you're finding that a hard enough task, let me make it easier: Think back to all the times you've tried to shy away from anything that had to do with your motherland. You probably find that easier. 

Don't abandon your motherland, take joy in her. Don't ignore her, make her beauty known to the world!

Time to start doing things differently? Yup, I should think so too.

So you're probably wondering how?
1) Take interrest in your motherland. Learn about the country, it's culture, the celebrations, the dishes, the couture..etc. Be interested. Care enough to want to know more!

2) Tell people about the positive parts of your motherland and don't just speak negativity about her! Tell the world about her beauty!

3) Be an example for the others around you. Be the best you can. You're sending a message across about what people from your motherland are like.

4) PRAY PRAY and DON'T STOP praying for your motherland! She needs your prayers!


Brother Paul said to young Timothy:


I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:1-4).

So, in clebration of Nigeria's 51st anniversary, I leave you with two picture-videos of this beautiful land of mine!

Nigeria, happy anniversary!




Again. pray for your motherland!!

Thank you for reading!

Have a wonderful God-filled Monday and week!


GOD BLESS YOU!

3 comments:

  1. awww...Nigeria...I love Nigeria...i like the words the lady told you

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love this post. You are totally on point! We need to PRAY for Nigeria and our countries instead of trashing them with our mouths. Nigeria is beautiful! God bless Nigeria! GBU sis, this is a wonderful post!

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete