Thursday, September 1, 2011

Memory Verse of the Week: A Priceless Masterpiece


It’s Memory Verse time!


I pray everyone’s doing great!
I know I am!
Last week's memory verse (Psalm 60:12) wasn’t hard to master. It puts a smile on my face and leaves me with sweet daydreams of different ways how my Knight in Shining Armour (Christ) could come to my rescue in any situation whatsoever. I know, I’m a dreamer  
J but I use it as strength and not a weakness.

So, what’s this week’s memory verse? It’s a piece of scripture most of us are probably familiar with. It’s in Philippians 1:6

Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ (NKJV).

I have heard this piece of scripture so many times but it’s time I sat down and really thought about it. I mean, really really think about.

The first thing that jumps at me in this verse is the verb “complete”. It tells me the verse is talking about completion, synonyms of which include achievement, fulfillment, perfection, attainment, consummation. That’s simple right? Pretty easy to understand.

Okay, so bringing it closer to home. Have you ever left anything unfinished? Do you have an abandoned project? Have you ever worked SO HARD on something and feeling it’s no use you let it go or you get lazy and just forget it? I know I have. Sometimes we tend to start something but somewhere along the line, we either lose the passion for this thing, the strength to carry on or the ability to carry on. And just like those projects that we have abandoned along the way, sometimes we start to feel like our lives are abandoned projects. Well, today, I’m saying otherwise. Why? Simply because of Phillippians 1:6! Gloray!

This is why I love God’s word!

You know, there are times when we tend to look at our lives, where we are…where we want to end up. Sometimes we might feel, it’s impossible, that there could never be a connection between the two. Because we simply feel God has forgotten us. We feel we’re like a project in God’s hands, one He’s suddenly abandoned to move on to something else. But in this passage Paul clearly states that the same Almighty God, the same King of Kings and Lord of Lords that did all those beautiful things in your life in the past that HE WILL COMPLETE THE GOOD WORK!

We serve a never changing God: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8)”. He always honours His Word.


Do not despair. Don’t think it’s the end of you. No, no no! GOD IS NOT DONE WITH YOU YET! Keep that in mind! He is so not done!


I gave the example of our lives but this passage applies to you…meaning everything that has to do with you!

I know at times I get fed up with me. I think why can’t I be more patient? Why can’t I be more caring? Why can’t I be more respectful? And the list goes on but in short: why can’t I be more like who God wants me to be? But there is one thing I realized. Change doesn’t come in a day. It takes time. Time and time again by the things I say or do, I disappoint me. But time and time again God has opened my eyes to certain things to help me grow. He has taken me certain things to make me grow. So, truth is, even character wise, God is who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the coming of our Lord Jesus. Again, God is not done with you yet!


And yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We all are formed by your hand. (Isaiah 64:8 NLT).


He is molding us every day. He is molding us in our character, He is molding our minds, He is molding our futures…He is molding our lives into the perfect priceless masterpiece.

He is the potter, we are the clay. And He won’t stop until the masterpiece, the chef-d’oeuvre is complete only to admire His beautiful handiwork.

That is the God we serve. Be the clay and let Him do His part. He won’t give up on you because He has never left anything unfinished. God has no abandoned projects!

So just like Paul was CONFIDENT in this truth, let us remember and tell ourselves when we tend to forget: "He who has began a good work in ME will comlpete it until the day of Jesus Christ".


Thanks so much for reading!


Stay strong in the Lord!


GOD BLESS YOU!


Oh and friend, don't forget: God is not done with you yet!

4 comments:

  1. :):):)):)your posts are long but i'm never bothered reading all the way down...Thank you..i noticed the french word(thanks)
    The most profound thing i found in this post is that God does not have abandoned projects...Thank you...very encouraging!!!!!I PRESS ON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah Thnx! I know, I should work on the length of my posts, it also hit me! Will keep it in mind 4 posts to come. thnx 4 taking the time to read tho. 'm stil working on how to fit a lil bit of french in (just for u :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday girl:)be happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete