Friday, September 9, 2011

Memory Verse of the Week: Christian - YOUNG - difference maker

HeavenO Lovelies!

It’s memory verse time!


It’s weird really, because I’d had the memory verse for this week all figured out. Until this morning when I was suddenly prompted to change and choose something else. You see, throughout this week the same thing kept coming my way. The same topic. And quite honestly it somewhat started from last week but I only just realized it this week.  And the topic is youth!

The memory verse of the week illustrates the topic so well. It’s found in:  1 Timothy 4:12

Do not let anyone treat you as if you are unimportant because you are young. Instead, be an example to the believers with your words, your actions, your love, your faith, and your pure life (NCV).

Honestly, I LOVE this verse! I really do! And it’s funny to think the part b) of it only just hit me today.
There are a couple of points I want to make on the verse but it’s really quite simple.
First thing is the part a) which says ‘do not let anyone treat you like you are unimportant because you are young’.

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt you didn’t have a say or couldn’t have a say just because you are young? Or have you ever been in a situation where you felt you couldn’t make a difference because you are young? Well I have. And today I realize that is a big LIE from the devil. Your age – your youth- doesn’t stop you. It’s not a limit, it’s not a hindrance. In fact, it can be strength! Friend here are words you should never forget: YOU ARE NEVER TOO YOUNG!

I have been coming across and reading about young people doing amazing things. I mean, wow. Fifteen year olds or younger making a difference in the world. Seventeen year olds leaving a footprint in the history. My sweet Dad once sent me a very encouraging article about young millionaires. I mean, these are people that were NOT AFRAID to take risks at their young age. They were NOT AFRAID to follow their dreams from an early age. I remember one started to pursue her dream at 9. I’m sure for all these people who became millionaires before 25, it wasn’t easy. I’m sure they were discouraged. But I’m also sure they didn’t let anyone look down on them because of their young age. Why? Because if they did they would’ve given up before they became millionaires. I’m not saying your goal should be to become a millionaire, I’m saying you shouldn’t be afraid to find your passion, pursue your dreams and make a difference even at a young age.

Life is short. Whatever you can do or accomplish today do it today. Don't wait. Don't hesitate.

“It is good for someone to work hard while he is young.” (Lamentations 3:27 NCV)
“It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.” (Lamentations 3:27 KJV).

Many people in the Bible were used in their youth. For example, David. According to historians David was about 17 year old when he faced and killed Goliath. His brothers looked down on him, King Saul said he was “but a youth” (1 Samuel 17). But David didn’t let that stop him. He took down Goliath. What men couldn’t do, a youth did. Let us also remember that at the age of twelve Jesus sat with the priests in the temple asking questions and giving answers (Luke 2: 39-51). Another example is Jeremiah. He was quite young when God called him. So much that he told God “behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child”. Jeremiah looked down on himself because of his age but God told him “Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak”.

You see, the truth is, it doesn’t matter how young you are. What matters is the fact that you are sent by God and you have Him on your side! Gloray! That’s what God was trying to tell Jeremiah.

The part b) of the memory verse is also really interesting. It urges us, despite of our young age, to be examples in our words, actions, love, faith and pure life.

Look, just because you’re young doesn’t mean you’re too young to follow the rules. No. Just because you’re young doesn’t excuse you from sin or righteousness. No. Sin is sin. Young or not, as Christians – followers of Christ – we have to set an example through the things we say or do, through the way we love and the way we live, through our amount of faith. And what better time to start setting those examples than from an early age? You should be able to stand out from people your age for Christ. Just because every other person your age is doing one thing or the other does not make it okay for you to do the same if it is not in the word of God. Young person, are you making a difference or are you going with the flow?

1 Timothy 4: 12 is a verse I never want to forget. So I’m 19, so what? I can accomplish what people older than me have through Christ. So I’m 19, so what? I can set an example right now, I’m not waiting for later!

Side note: I’m gonna be 20 real soon. But looking back at my 20 years I have no regrets. Sure, I would love to have found a cure to incurable diseases and put an end to hunger and poverty around the world –LOL- but you know, I’m really quite happy. I might not have contributed to the world in an amazing way but I have contributed to me. In other words, I have grown in the way I see things, the way I react to things and I’m still growing. But reaching out to the world has to start with me, and thank God, I’ve done quite well in that part. Hallelujah!

Sorry the post is long but when I get all excited about God’s word I just can’t stop myself.

What do you think about this memory verse? If you’ve been memorizing scripture with me, how’s it been going?

Thank you all for reading!
Blessings to all!
Have a lovely awesome wonderful weekend full of nothing but God’s love all around J

GOD BLESS YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment