Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to a twenty year old me!

So much love to all you lovely people!




I don't even know where to start tonight as I write this post. But I would just like for you to share in my joy. Yesterday, the 16th of September, I turned 20! I mean, 20! I've been on this earth for two whole decades now. It is cause to celebrate and praise God's name and that's just what I did. I've had so many people showing me so much love and I am just astounded. It has been awesome! And I thank God for every little bit of it. I take nothing for granted. Nothing at all. And most of all, I do not, will not and refuse to take life for granted. The mere fact of being alive. Every breath and every heartbeat is a miracle. Yup, a miracle. This is not a play on words but what I truly believe. So many people never lived to see twenty and here I am. Some people spent theirs in hospital beds and here I am. I'm not better than any of those people. No, certainly not. But through God's grace, here I am. A living testimony!

Twenty years and God has given me so many testimonies, not only that but he's made me a testimony! Hallelujah! I worship Jehovah for His goodness.


Twenty years or two decades. It hasn't been easy. I've had days when I battled with myself, unhappy with who I was. But each time my Lord has reassured me I was growing and that He was shaping me and moulding me. I've gone through my share of diffilculties and periods when my faith grew weak but my God has always pulled me through. I've had them bad days you hear people talk about but like Mandisa said in her song "These days", I've learned to even love such days and draw strength from them. It's not easy, but I've been able to do ALL things through Jehovah who strengthens me!


I LOVE JESUS SO MUCH! And I just want to scream it on roof tops. Let the world know. Reveal to those who don't know Him what they're missing. If only they knew!



During my 20 years of existance He's never let me down, always making a way where there seemed to be none. He's put AMAZING PEOPLE in my life. My family, I love them. And he's kept everyone of those people safe and sound. He's put great people in my path, people that have helped me grow even in the knowledge of God. He' given me lovely parents and siblings. And though He's always been good, any time faced with a new difficulty my faith would be put to the test. Many times I've failed that test but my God's so merciful it never seemed to matter.


That's my God. My awesome wonderful God. My heavenly father who I've called Daddy for 20 years and who's called me daughter and friend. Now, I look forward to the many more years ahead. Knowing my God, the King of Kings, has plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). I'm grateful and I'm really quite excited, waiting to see what great things He is yet to do in my life, in m family and the amazing ways He'll do them! How great is my God!


My number one goal this year is to grow closer to this awesome creator of the universe. I want to look back and say, wow, God has really done great things through me and I have come to know Him in a whole new way and it all started at twenty! I pray He'll give me the strength to follow on that goal.


Another testimony I have, apart from turning 20 yesterday is that I got my exam grades that same yesterday! And I passed! I will be oficially moving into my second year of law school. God is great! Out of 600 enthusiastic students only 200 could pass because the system is really quite selective and God made sure I was one of the two hundred. Not only did I pass but I passed really quite well! All glory goes to God and Him alone. Times when I doubted, He gave me His word. He is not man that He should lie (numbers 23:19). He said He would do it and He did. That's my God! He made that His little birthday present to me amongst other things!


Man, I love Him! Have I said that alread? I just can't help myself.


I'll be posting a poem I wrote on my birthday very soon! I called it "Twenty at last" so stay tuned. It'll be in a page I'll call "Poems" and will be joined by many more of my work!


A special THANK YOU to my parents and immediate big Sis Funbi's of DatFunkyFro who really made my day SPECIAL! Love you all! (My Sis wrote THIS about me on her blog!)


A big THANK YOU to all those who wished me a Happy Birthday! God bless you all!


Thank you for reading!


GOD BLESS YOU! 

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday!!! nice blog you've got.
    www,laraexcel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!

    Thanks for dropping by. Very much appreciated.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At twenty you still have a lot to live for. Wishing you the best. Good blog you've have here.

    ReplyDelete