Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer Outfits! Part 2

Hey Lovelies!





Thank God, I now have A LOT MORE TIME on my hands before the beginning of the new academic year. Goodness! Time flies! I've been taking pictures of my Summer Outfits just like I promised but barely had the time to post them. So, I'll be doing that little by little.

In my last Summer Outfits Post I spoke about how we shouldn't get carried away with the summer. I said how we are not of this world, therefore we should not comform even our dressing to that of the world. I stressed the fact that we should pursue righteousness and godliness. And that we should dress like WE KNOW WE ARE ROYALTY!

Today, I'd just like to remind us to dress like us. That sounds simple enough, right? But you might still feel the need to ask: What do I mean? I mean, don't try to dress like the next person, don't try to dress like someone you know you're not! Like I said, this is a little reminder, because at times, we tend to get carried away. You are you. The way you dress is somewhat an expression of who you are. Your clothes are not who you are, but they do tell people a little bit about you.

So, as we pursue rightousness (2 Timothy 2:22), as we dress like God would aprove, let's remember to dress like us. Like who we are. Just because the next person has all the latest Gucci bags doesn't mean we have to strive to acquire the same. Just because the next person just got the latest coolest things in town doesn't mean we have to get the same.

"Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word" (Psalm 119:37 NIV).

If you really like the Gucci bags and if you really like that latest cool accesory in town, that's a totally different matter. Then you're acquring and wearing those things for you. But if it's because of others, because you want to look like a certain person or because you want to fit into a certain group, then please think again. Be yourslef. Be you. God has made you that special unique YOU that you are. Be confident being you, even in the way you dress.

Besides, "..People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7 NIV).

Yes, the Lord looks at the heart BUT people look at the outward appearance.

So, what do people see when they look at you? Do they see the real you? Or do they see who you're trying to be?

Let's ponder on that. I will too :)

So, here's one of my summer outfits:




I like playing with my necklace :)


You might have noticed, I love pants I can tuck in with!


I have fallen in love with Oxfords! Just love em!




 
So, what's your view on dressing for you and no one else? Being comfortable with the you God has made you and showing it through your dressing?

Thanks for reading!


Don't stop smiling! And remember to dress FOR YOU this week!


GOD BLESS YOU!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Love this post! You are right, in this materialistic fast declining world, we get so caught up in buying this or getting that because we see others possessing them, especially so called "celebrities". We need to start dressing for ourselves and stop coveting! We should be content with what we have and be able to work with it. No matter how much we get, if we cannot work with the little we have, we cannot work with nothing.
    May God help us! God bless you sis, you are truly a blessing!

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx hun! I'm glad you like the post. I guess it's something I've aslo got to work on. I've found out, like you said, that I can actually be really creative with what I have instead of coveting what others have...may God help us! Thnx again for reading. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting on my blog and following me! I love your posts! I look forward to reading more of your blog and getting to know you! I'm following you too! :)

    Molly Rae

    <><

    ReplyDelete