Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Outfits! Part 1


Love to all you lovely people!




I have been trying to find time to do this because I've been really quite busy lately, but there's really never a better time to do whatever we want to do than the present. I'm tired of putting everything off and postponing so here goes.

In my Summer gown post I put up a summer outfit and I'd somewhat told myself I'd put up more. All to the glory of His name.

Something I just have to mention about summer (yes, summer! Mine is far from over!) is what people wear! I mean, I know it's hot but some people just get over excited or something, I don't even know what to call it. But it's something I've seen every summer and it's appalling. This mainly concerns women or even as it seems, girls! And it keeps getting worse every summer! It's like the shorts keep getting shorter and shorter and the tops keep comming down lower at the chest. Touchy topic, I know, but somethings need saying. It pains me to see young teenage girls (yes, GIRLS! and very young too) going out in something as revealing as going out in your underwear. And I'm embarrased when I see young ladies around my age insult themselves. Ladies please, some self-dignity!!!!

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him" (Romans 12:1 NLT).

"Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." ( 2 Timothy 2:22 NIV).


I love what The Word says right there to PURSUE righteousness. Here's a definiton I found of the word pursue:


1. To follow in an effort to overtake or capture; chase:
2. To strive to gain or accomplish
So let us STRIVE to gain and accomplish righteousness. Let us follow after righteousness in such a way that we chase, overtake and capture.


Friends remember, "Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:" (Hebrews 12:14 NKJV). Again, the word pursue.
And it is clearly stated that:


'as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance;  but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.” ' (1 Peter 1:14-16 NKJV).


We are to cas off former lusts why? Because we have been called into the light of Christ and are set apart. We are no longer ignorant. Being set apart, we should not comform ourselves to this world. We are NOT OF THIS WORLD! Don't do what others out there are dong becaue it's the summer and it's hot! No. We are to be HOLY. It is the only way to see God. Friend remember, to be carnally minded is death (Romans 8:6).

I'm not saying do not look good, no. By all means, look your best! But I'm saying look decent. Don't wear anything that would unnecessary reveal any parts no one needs to see. You are the daughter (or son) of the Most Hight King. So, DRESS LIKE A PRINCESS! You get the picture? Dress LIKE YOU KNOW YOU ARE ROYALTY and not just any person out there! 

This is one of my summer outfits!














And of course, I can't resist putting a couple of pictures of my big Sis whose fashion sense I love. She's on DatFunkyFro.







I've been having a fun summer so far (you can tell right?). Glory be to God. I thank Him for every single day. I thank Him for His beautiful creation. I love Summer! The sun, the flowers, the people...Thank you Jesus for it all!

How is your summer going? And what's your experience with outfits?

Please, do share!

Thank you for dropping by!


GOD BLESS!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my!! God has an amazing way He speaks to us and if we are attentive enough we will here...I just put up something on twitter and fb about not conforming to the world and God has been dealing with me on this (not only about dressing)...Glory be to His name! About the dressing, you are totally right!! It is appalling! These days, we don't seem to know the limit anymore! But WE are different, we are royalty!! And royalty don't dress like anybody! Love this post! You look amazing as usual! THanks for the love ;)


    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sis for all the love! Means so much :)

    ReplyDelete