Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Memory Verse of the Week: My God - My Knight in Shining Armour!

Hey there!

Memory verse time!



Last week's memory verse was the awesome verse in Isaiah 41: 10! Have you mastered it? I have!

This week's memory verse is even shorter! It hit me sometime during the week while praying and I was reminded of this pure truth:

Through God we will do valiantly,
         For it is He who shall tread down our enemies (NKJV)

The passage is found twice in the Bible, written exactly the same way. First in Psalm 60: 12 and then secondly in Psalm 108: 13.

Child of God, daughter of Zion I have no idea what battle you may be fighting today or whatever you may be battling with. I have no idea what you're dealing with or what may seem like a challenge. But what I do know is that YOU WILL DO VALIANTLY!

 
I read this verse in many different versions, and I just love them all. Here are a couple:

"With God’s help we will do mighty things, for he will trample down our foes" (NLT).
"With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies" (NIV).
"But we can win with God's help. He will defeat our enemies" (NCV).
"Through and with God we shall do valiantly, for He it is Who shall tread down our adversaries" (AMP).


Some of us might think, well, I don't have any enemies, I'm at peace with all men.


My first answer to that is: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" Ephesians 6:12 (check this post).


My second answer is: Not everyone who smiles at you likes you. It's better to keep that at the back of our heads and apply wisdom in all cases, asing God for discernement of spirits.


Whatever the case, God has promised that you will be the victor, you will be the winner, you will do mighty things! But let's not forget the verse also says, "through God" or "with God" or even both!


As human beings, we tend to want to do things ourselves, but I'm sorry to say but attempting to do it all by yourself is the pathway to failure! Surrendering it to God is the pathway to Victory!


David understod this when he stood before Goliath and said "for the battle is the Lord's, and He will give you into our hands" (1 Samuel 17:47). David also spoke these powerful words "but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied" (1 Samuel 17:45) We all know the rest of the story, how David slew Goliath. But it wasn't really David, it was God who did the slaying. David just stepped aside and let God do His thing! He surrendered it to God.


Friend, don't try and fight your battles alone. Don't try and face anything alone. STEP ASIDE and let God, the Lord of hosts, fight on your behalf. He is the Mighty Warrior, the Lion of Judah!


"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you" (1 Peter 5:17 KJV).


My God will be your bodyguard, He will be your knight in shining armour (truth is, He is better than any knight the world has to offer!) and rescue you...But do you trust Him enough to let Him? Can you step aside and let Him do His thing? Or do you think you're able to do it by yourself? Remember doing it your way is more likely to lead to destruction.


We all have a choice!


I choose to let God have His way. To let Him fight my battles. To let Him be my knight in shining armour. To sit back and watch God fight for me. Because in the end the VICTORY IS MINE! How sweet is that?
None of me, Lord. But all of You!


What do you think about this passage and what are your views on stepping aside?

If you're doing this with me, have fun learning the passage!

But most importantly, APPLY IT and never forget it!

May we be doers of the Word and not just hearers.

Thank you so much for reading.

Stay blessed, be strong, believe!


GOD BLESS YOU!


5 comments:

  1. I love your blog...!!!thank God for your life.Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post...Amen

    http://daydreamsofaneverendingcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tilly: Thank you so much Sis! You have been SOO supportive. God Bless U! Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Temi: Thnx so much for taking ur time to read! And thnx for following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so on point!! May God bless you and continue to use you! I am blessed!

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete