Monday, August 15, 2011

Memory Verse of the Week: Hand in Hand

Hey there, lovelies!

Memory verse time!



Got carried away with all the studying last week so didn’t get to post a memory verse, NO EXCUSE, I know! But I’m praying for consistency. May God help! Like I said, got carried away and sometimes, some things might just overwhelm us. Well, today, on my way to the library, I remembered a verse that had stuck to me at the beginning of the year. I’d actually put this verse on a sticky note on my laptop so each time I opened it up, it would be the first thing I saw. The Lord really and truly encouraged me through this verse on countless occasions, about different things. Even on a day when everything is going great, it still seems like a verse I need. Somewhere along the line, I took my laptop in for repairs and the hard drive was changed so I lost my sticky notes. In consequence, the verse disappeared. I could’ve put it back, but I don’t know what happened…weird. Anyway, the verse came to me today and I was like I have got to revisit this! And in the bus, I did just that! I got out my iPhone and searched for it. I can’t explain the satisfaction and even peace I got when I found the small passage in:

Isaiah 41: 10

I especially like the NLT which goes:

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.




How many times did you fear last week? How many times were you discouraged today? When did you feel week?
These things come, but God is telling us NOT to fear, NOT to be discouraged. Why? Because He alone is God and He alone is on the throne! Amen! Jesus is Lord, He reigns forever and as long as he reigns (= forever!!!) , his eyes are on YOU! Yes, YOU!


Men, I LOVE THE WORD! I can’t say it enough!


The Lord is telling you, reassuring you that He is WITH YOU...right there, HOLDING YOUR HAND! I’m sorry but there’s no one I’d rather have on my side than the King of kings and the Lord of lords, the everlasting Father, the Prince of peace, the Mighty Warrior, EMMANUEL. He is God and He is with you. You don’t need anything else…just Him.

Not only is He with you (holding your hand), but He strengthens you! Try to look back on your life, I’m sure there are certain situations you have come out of stronger; situations which you don’t even know how you came out of them. I’m not necessarily talking about big situations here, even the little ones. You came out because God was there for you, because He took your hand and led you. He’s the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. The unchangeable God. He held your hands once and carried you, He will certainly do it again! And through Him, we have the victory in EVERY situation! Praise God!


I love this verse. So I have simply decided to learn it by heart. Any time I need reminding, I’ll tell myself “Funtó, remember Isaiah 41:10…it’s as simple as Isaiah 41:10, don’t be discouraged, do not fear! Easy as Isaiah 41:10!” something which I had to tell myself a couple of times today! God is good, simply awesome! Somebody sing His praises with me!


I pray that has encouraged someone as much as it encouraged me!


Thanks so much for reading!


Friend, be strong in the Lord as you take on this week! Be encouraged!

GOD BLESS YOU

Oh, and remember, God is with You! Never forget it!



5 comments:

  1. Babe! You read my mind. Consistency is what i seriously pray for. I'm like a pendulum most times and it bothers me to no end :( Great blog. Please keep it up!

    Adiya
    Muse Origins Features
    Muse Origins

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This post is PACKED! Love that verse!! Sis, may God continue to bless you and keep you and give you knowledge and wisdom! AMEN! LOVE this! Stay blessed sis!

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and by the way...I love the title...hand in hand...so lovely...along with the picture!

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Muse Origins: I know, it's hard to be consistent at times. For the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak (Matthew 26:40. We just gotta keep praying to be strong.

    Thanks so much for checking out the blog. And for your kind words (which mean a lot). May the Lord help us to Tell the World! God Bless U Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Funbi's: AMEN! Thank you soooo much! Ur Sweet (as always)! The glory be to God and him alone!

    ReplyDelete