Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Am Glad! Summer update

HeavenO to all you lovely people!

Picture of me taken 2 years back in Greece...SUMMER VACATION! I have come a long way in 2 years! Glory be to God. I AM GLAD!


So, I said in my Summer gown post that I would be giving you an update on my summer! So, UPDATE TIME! And writing this right now, I'm actually really excited and I don't even know why! Well, here's a thought: in the presence of the Lord there is fullness of joy and eternal pleasures at His right hand! (Psalm 16:11).

Okay, so, I’m just going to tell you a little about my day! I woke up a bit later than planned today and decided to get dressed to go to the library. But I suddenly discovered I wasn’t feeling so good. I was literally in pain! So, library was out of the question and this frustrated me! I’d had my day all planed out and I’d been sure I would be spending it studying in the library. Anyway, my big Sis convinced me not to go and I’m glad she did because I really wasn’t feeling so good. So, we went to the pharmacy and did a little shopping and all the while I was feeling really sick. Finally back at home, I felt better. Decided to relax a bit and watch some cartoons. I LOVE CARTOONS. (If you’re wondering, I watched Young Justice and probably will be watching Ben 10 Ultimate Alien Season 2. I know, I still watch all that stuff but seriously, not shamed…kid at heart). So, I watched all that ate and feeling better, decided to start studying. And while studying I noticed something was missing…Music! So I put my itunes player on shuffle.

At one point a particular song came on and it really got me thinking: I AM GLAD!


I’d listened to this song before but today, it was different. What happened this morning was a minor example of how things might not go the way we planned it, how sometimes things can be out of our control…it happens. But you know what? We’re not supposed to be in control, God is! That’s heavy! I know, we love things to go OUR way, when WE want it, how WE want it…But at the end of the day is it what God wants for you? Sometimes we wail and we scream, we blame God and ask Him ‘why me’. Sometimes we accuse Him of not caring for us simply because things aren’t going OUR way or we would rather have had them go another way.

This attitude reminds me of that of a little child. I remember when my niece was younger; she hated it when it was time to eat. Sometimes, she would start crying if you put too much on her plate or if you said she couldn’t get up from the table until she'd finished eating. Sometimes all she just wanted to eat were snacks and she would cry when she didn’t have what she wanted. I would watch feeling sorry and I would nearly give in, until I told myself that making her eat real healthy meals was good for her and that if I gave her what she wanted (not to eat and have snacks instead) that was not good for her. I would rather watch her cry (although it made me twitch and cringe) and know it was for her own good than let her have her way which wasn’t so good!

Get the picture? It’s the same thing with God! Whatever you may be going through, whatever might not be going the way you want it to this summer, remember Jeremiah 29:11:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

And besides, “…we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28 KJV).

And just like I wrote in the Summer gown post,

"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

So, take a look at your life, and TRUST GOD. Take a look at the awesome things He has done and BE GLAD!

Friend, let me tell you: whatever you may be going through, there’s always someone who’s going through worse!

Learn to thank God, STOP COMPLAINING and stop whining. Like I said trust Him and let Him have HIS WAY. LEARN TO BE GLAD AT ALL TIMES!

Here is the Song I listened to. It’s a fabulous song by Lara George.


I learnt that instead of moaning about the big things, let’s be glad about the little ones!



Another picture taken on vacation in Greece 2 years ago. God has been GOOD since then...I AM GLAD!


And Here's a honest truth, I have never so mch as appreciated life, just the mere fact to be alive and breathing as much as I do this summer. When you're alive, when you have breath in you, when you're in good health...THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!


May the Lord  help us!
Fill me in on what God has shown you this summer!
Thanks for reading!

God Bless You

6 comments:

  1. wow....i like this post...Romans 8:28 keeps popping everywhere i go for a few days now...Gos is telling me something...some hope is coming my way...thank you for this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT post sis!! THIS POST IS ON TIME!! I am glad YOU ARE GLAD! God is good always! You are right, when God seems unfair and we whine and cry...it's because He wants what's best for us! It's for our own good! Love the pics hun! May God continue to work His awesome power through you! I am BLESSED! I'm glad you feel better and though the day didn't go as planned, I AM GlAD! :D I love you hun!


    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tilly: Glory be to God! I believe the Lord is doing a good work in us although it might not necessary look like so atimes. You are more than welcome! And thank you so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Funbi's: Aww...you're so sweet! I love you even MORE! I know the Lord shall complete the good work which He started in you. He shall surely complete it! THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALWAYS BEING AN INSPIRATION!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog Titi!! :) :) Keep up the Good work!! :) God Bless

    trust-your-instincts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete