Saturday, July 9, 2011

There's more than just my own little world


Hello lovely people!

Two very inspiring songs I would love to share...just to encourage each and everyone of us not to relent in telling the world and living the greater purpose!


Tell the World by Hillsong United :)




My Own Little World by Matthew West




I remember the first time I heard each of these songs, I was absolutely blessed and challenged! 

'Tell the World' made me want to  dance around and shout on the roof tops that 'Yes! Jesus lives!'. Love it! Still makes me want to jump up, dance and most of all shout the Good News with joy each time I hear it!

The very first time I heard  'My own Little World' I was in the library working. For some reason, I wouldn't stop playing and replaying the song and watching the clip. I couldn't get back to work as my mind pondered the words: 






What if there’s a bigger picture?
What if I’m missing out?
What if there’s a greater purpose
That I could be living right now
I dont want to miss what matters
I wanna be reaching out
Show me the greater purpose
So I can start livin right now
Outside my own little world

I'd heard other words along the same line, but on that day when I just decided to take a break and spend time listening to music, the words just stood out and struck me! I was thinking...men, what if I am missing out? What if I'm busy doing the wrong things? What if I'm not busy enough for God, doing what I was really called to do? 
I later listened to 'Motions' also by Matthew West which is a powerful song about not just going through the motions of life (I'm sure you all know it and I'll probably write a post about that one soon ;) ). But around the same time (before and after) I listened to this song for the very first time the same Word kept hitting me over and over. Through the things people said, through things I saw. And even through men of God: We had two conferences not long after in church about using the gift God has deposited in you for Him. Men, was it powerful! And after all these things, it got to a point when I was just like: Okay! God, I get what you're trying to tell me! And in all humility, I had to get down on my knees and say, Lord I'm sorry for not doing what you have called me to do; I'm sorry for not living the greater purpose...

Haha! I love the Lord. When He really wants to tell you something, He will. And He really spoke to me through this song and the events that followed!

What do you think about these songs? And what other songs do you know along the same lines? What has God been trying to tell you about using your gifts for Him/living the greater purpose? How did you respond?

Thank you for reading and GOD BLESS!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right sis!! The song TELL THE WORLD is not stuck in my head after all the times i've heard you singing it! May God use us for HIS greater purpose! Love this post hun ;)


    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! Amen! May He truly use us for His glory! THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT SIS, MEANS SOOOOOOO MUCH ;) God Bless u a hundred folds!

    ReplyDelete